At Paxos, we are creating the infrastructure for a new, open financial system - one that anyone can access and participate in, and that operates efficiently. There are billions of people in the world who are unbanked or underbanked, and trillions of dollars that are locked up because of the inefficiencies of the legacy system. We envision a new system that allows any asset to move instantaneously, anywhere in the world - to unlock the potential of assets and people everywhere. Our customers include some of the biggest enterprises in the world like PayPal, Credit-Suisse and Societe Generale, and together we are upgrading the global financial system using modern blockchain and crypto technology. Paxos is looking for an Engineering Manager to join our rapidly growing Engineering organization. This role will have a major impact on the technical direction of the company, including architectural guidance, mentoring other engineers, evaluating new technologies, and defining/leading best practices. The Engineering Manager will also interface with other groups outside the company who are involved in blockchain adoption.Paxos is building an open, accessible financial infrastructure for the future. This is an opportunity to work on something meaningful, with the incredible potential for positive social and economic impact.Core Competencies:
- Hands-on - expertise in multiple business and technology domains. This role demonstrates a solid understanding of core engineering concepts and computer science fundamentals, data structures and algorithms, unit/integration/performance/capacity testing and other key Engineering competencies.
- Experienced practitioner of industry-leading best practices in Software Engineering, including modern SDLCs, code reviews / ownership, CI/CD/CT, online web application infrastructure, lean/agile project management, design reviewing and project planning.
- Experienced and highly effective at managing the accumulation and remediation of technology debt.
- Capable of establishing goals for the technology stack, identifying areas of critical need based on future growth and developing roadmaps to attack those problems.
- Able to orchestrate positive outcomes and represent the engineering teams in collaborating broadly across business units.
- Experienced in mentoring and coaching individual contributors during 1:1s and code reviews to level up the entire team over time.
- Rapidly develop a deep understanding of relevant parts of our technology stack and assume technical ownership of major components of our code base. Ability to communicate at all levels from senior leaders to individual contributors, including technical and non-technical audiences.
- Quickly ramp up on relevant industry and competitive trends
- Search for the truth in product conceptualization and development, ensuring designs and implementations are fully aligned with the company mission and product goals
- Assess the ramifications of software changes and own risk identification/mitigation through effective software development, testing and deployment practices
- Improve developer experience by adopting tools and policies that raise productivity for the entire engineering organization
- Guide technical direction across multiple teams, including choices around language/framework, system architecture/infrastructure, best patterns and practices
- Demonstrate persistence when faced with roadblocks, dispatching them efficiently and pulling in others as necessary while requiring minimal direction/oversight
- Effectively resolve ambiguity, analyzing complex requirements and breaking down features and initiatives into tactical tasks
- Effectively navigate the trade-offs amongst MVP vs Enterprise-Grade, Time-to-market and in other relevant dimensions
- Deliver software that positively impacts multiple teams with sweeping improvements
- Own the team’s output, taking responsibility for everyone’s performance
Paxos is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate on the basis of sex, age, color, race, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical and mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.Who we are: We are a diverse group of individuals with backgrounds and experience in banking, startups, tech giants, and big-five consulting firms. We currently have about 150 employees across offices in New York, London and Singapore and have big plans for our growth. We’re looking for collaborative, creative, hard-working and intellectually curious people to help us make our vision a reality.Why we matter: Paxos is the only technology company building financial services solutions that both customers and regulators can trust. We’re committed to pushing the boundaries of technology while also working with important stakeholder groups so we can build a financial system that is open and accessible to anyone around the world.Who are our customers: Our customers run the gamut from individuals seeking access to digital assets and those who don’t want to be tied to a physical banking system, to large institutions seeking to improve their settlement infrastructure. Some of our clients today include big names like PayPal, Credit Suisse, Societe Generale, Macquaire, StoneX and Virtu. How we work: Paxos is driven by our four values. We believe that every Paxos employee is an owner, and employees consistently search for the truth in their work. We also believe in real-time candor and a shared commitment to excellence. These values are ingrained in everything we do and influence how we communicate and collaborate as an organization. Why choose Paxos? Paxos has consistently been named as a “Best Place to Work” by BuiltIn and was recently listed on the 2021 Forbes Fintech 50. Our employees have significant ownership and impact on our business, as well as benefits like healthcare coverage, family leave, a $500 quarterly stipend for employee development and unlimited PTO. From team product demos and virtual lounge and learns to care packages and an active Slack shoutouts channel, there are countless opportunities to connect and find a home at Paxos. Help us build a new, open financial system from our three offices or right from your home!Learn more about us:
- 3 or more years of experience managing a product development engineering team
- 3 or more years of experience building modern systems and services using tools such as Go, Kotlin, Kubernetes, AWS, etc.
- 2 or more years of experience in the enterprise/b2b sector building high scale/complex distributed systems
- 2 or more years years of experience building scalable APIs, back-end and full-stack services
- The Paxos Blog
- Paxos Raises $300 Million Series D
- The Future of Paypal and Paxos Partnership
- Unchained Podcast: Paxos’s Partnership With PayPal
- Paxos in 2020: A Year in Review
- Most Influential in 2020 CEO Feature
- Fireside Chat with Paxos CEO Chad Cascarilla and Robinhood CEO Vlad Tenev
- Interactive Brokers Group Introduces Cryptocurrency Trading Through Paxos
Read Full Job Description