WHAT IS PRIZEOUT?
Prizeout is an advertising technology company with a three-sided marketplace that allows consumers to receive earned or allocated funds via digital gift cards. Our commercial partners offer Prizeout as a withdrawal or disbursement method, while brands can digitally advertise and acquire new customers through Prizeout ad campaigns.
Do you love doing something that has never been done before, even if it is not easy? Do you strive to master what you do? Do you think about data before making decisions and often find yourself asking your teammates to glance at something before you send it out? Do you love trivia or corn hole games? If you answered yes to most of these questions, then Prizeout may be the place for you. We have built a team that that thrives in fast-changing environment and that always aims for the best solution. We cross the finish line together and enjoy the ride at each step of the way.
ABOUT THIS ROLE:
As an Engineering Manager at Prizeout, you will work cross-functionally to enable our team. The ideal candidate will enjoy coaching, working with product, and creating curated processes that work for us based on team structure and scale. You will have the opportunity to help measure our delivery and ensure that an amazing product is getting delivered each and every time, as well as mentor, manage and grow engineering talent.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Architect systems and contribute to the code base by guiding developers and reviewing software, with an emphasis on team management
- Identify potential areas of improvement in existing systems and make suggestions for improvements
- Ensure consistent collaboration across the tech team to clear roadblocks and ensure systems are built quickly
- Work directly with product to form and execute upon the roadmap
- Mentor team members and establish, encourage, and promote best engineering practices
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- 5+ years of development experience, ideally in a microservice architecture
- 2+ years of management experience, emphases on team leadership
- Experience working with distributed systems in a cloud computing environment
- Familiarity with client JS frameworks, like Node.js and React
- Relational database experience including schema design and best practices
- Product-minded, problem solver who emphasizes team communication and leads by example
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, collaborative, and high-growth environment
- Passion for coding is a must and desire to manage a team is a plus
- Team player first and foremost with strong communication skills and a get-it-done approach
- Must be willing to work full-time in NYC; this is not a remote role
Read Full Job Description