Hi, we're Brigit! A holistic financial health company helping every American build a brighter financial future. With a business model that is aligned with our customers, we create transparent, fair, and simple financial products that put money back in the hands of our members, help them spend wisely, avoid unfair fees and build their credit quickly. We're backed by leading VC's including Lightspeed Venture Partners and DCM, a number of the world's most influential social impact investors like Flourish and Sound, and several mission driven celebrity investors like Kevin Durant and Will Smith! If autonomy, ownership, and having meaningful input at the company you work for is important to you, come join our growing team!
We’re searching for an Engineering Manager to help us scale our team and our engineering organization as a whole. This person will take on coaching individuals and enable teams to operate efficiently. We have ambitious goals to scale, and need an experienced manager to help us do so. Unlike a tech lead role, this position is more hands-off as it pertains to coding and project management.
What you have
- 5+ years of professional software development experience
- 2+ years of software engineering management or mentorship experience
- Experience hiring and building teams, ideally in a startup or remote environment
- Experience building out the functions of an engineering organization; examples include interview processes, roles and growth paths, and team structures
- Experience collaborating with product and design teams
- (Desirable) Experience with Java, REST APIs, GCP, and React
What you'll be doing
- Managing 6-8 individual contributors of varying seniority
- Coaching engineers by making sure they get feedback, and helping them act on it
- Charting out career paths and growth stories for reports
- Connecting business requirements to engineering goals, and ensuring they stay in step
- Contributing to technical direction by evaluating large strategic decisions, and by evaluating design documents for engineering initiatives
Our Benefits & Team
-Help hard working Americans build a brighter financial future
-High-growth company at an early stage
-A dynamic, flexible and collaborative start-up work environment with a highly talented team
-Minimum 3 weeks PTO
-Paid Parental Leave
-Monthly reimbursements to use against wifi and cell phone bills
At Brigit, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Read Full Job Description