Managed by Q is the platform for office management. We help the world’s leading companies build, design, staff, and manage their workplaces. By connecting office operations teams to dedicated workplace experts and top commercial service providers, Managed by Q enables companies to create inspiring offices and a deliver a great workplace experience for their teams.
Managed by Q was founded in 2014 with a vision of changing how we interact with our workspaces. Today, our team helps thousands of companies nationwide operate their offices and create an environment that inspires their teams’ best work. Empowering others and building diverse and inclusive teams are core to Managed by Q’s mission. We are committed to creating good jobs, helping small businesses grow, and enabling companies to focus on what they do best. Managed by Q is headquartered in New York, with offices in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Chicago, and Boston. Managed by Q is backed by the world’s leading investors, including Google Ventures, RRE, Homebrew, Greycroft, and Staples. If you have a love of learning, are drawn to hard problems, and want to spread opportunity within your community, we’d love to meet you.
Engineering at Q
We are using technology to take the headache out of office management. We are building a platform to help office managers run their offices seamlessly, to allow vendors to fulfill requests with ease, and to enable our employees to work more efficiently. We have a problem-solving culture that is based on making an impact instead of hitting arbitrary deadlines.
As an Engineering Manager at Managed by Q, you’ll work closely with product managers, designers and business stakeholders to guide a team of outstanding engineers toward solving problems that are critical to our growth — these may include customer, partner, and operator experience, operational logistics, and technical infrastructure. As a key leader on our team, you’ll play a crucial role in maintaining and evolving Q’s engineering culture and coaching individuals to achieve their very best. This is a team leadership position, though you’ll spend a substantial portion of your time coding and will always maintain a deep connection to the technical direction and decisions of your team.
What we are looking for:
- 6+ years experience building software or web applications
- Ability to establish credibility with amazing engineers quickly
- Proven experience managing technical teams and delivering on ambitious goals
- Deep knowledge of engineering processes, their underlying principles, and their tradeoffs
- Strong communication skills - having the ability to understand and explain technical issues to non-technical team members.
- Ground floor opportunity at one of the fastest growing companies in the world
- Competitive salary
- Generous Stock Options
- 401(k) with company matching
- No cost premium option for medical and dental insurance
- Casual dress and pet-friendly office
- Cold brew and Kombucha on tap
- Team lunches, happy hours and company outings
- An insanely supportive, hardworking team, building something BIG