Transfix is changing the way companies view their supply chain. We are an award winning, recognized market and technology leader in the full truckload (FTL) market, which is a $420 billion market each year in the U.S. alone. We eliminate waste and solve inefficiencies through a deep understanding of the dynamics that exist today for the world's leading shippers and the millions of carriers and drivers that move their goods. We identify blind spots where data can fundamentally transform the way shippers and carriers work together, and we reduce the amount of “empty miles” driven by truckers with algorithms that match freight with trucks based on location in realtime. Our solution yields significant savings for shippers and increased pay for truck drivers. Ultimately, our mission is simple: to improve the lives of both shippers and carriers by creating a more efficient, transparent platform by which a product can be moved from anywhere to everywhere at anytime.
The problems we solve everyday are real and require creativity, grit, and determination. The culture we're building is one where we challenge the norms of the industry. The team we have is built on the foundation of personal growth, collaboration and experimentation.
Launched in August 2013, we have raised $78.5M in capital and are backed by top VC firms in NYC and San Francisco including, New Enterprise Associates (NEA), Canvas Ventures, Lerer Hippeau Ventures, Corigin Ventures, Founder Collective and Bowery Capital. We are headquartered in New York City.
As an Engineering Manager, you will drive our team’s growth through thoughtful management and continuous improvement of our engineering practices. We currently live in Ruby on Rails, Java, Lambda with backing PostgreSQL running on AWS.
What you'll do:
- Foster a robust engineering culture
- Advocate for engineering best practices and the highest quality product
- Mentor and develop our engineers through career guidance and regular weekly meetings
- Take ownership of technical execution and roadmap/architecture/planning decisions
- Partner closely with recruiting to build a high-performing engineering team
- You have a strong track record of at least 2 years in leadership and hands-on engineering experience as a senior engineer.
- You understand that creating opportunity for your team is your most important calling and that managing is as much an honor as it is an important responsibility.
- You are passionate about team culture and enjoy mentoring, coaching, and developing your team.
- You have an intuition for teaching others.
- You enjoy working in agile startup environments.
- You are fluent in programming languages (Java, Python, Ruby).
- You stay on top of important tech industry changes.
- You ideally have a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science.
To all recruitment agencies: Transfix does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and will not be held responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.