New York City
At Transfix, our vision is to efficiently move any freight to anyplace in the world over land, sea, or air. We're starting with full truckloads in North America. We work everyday to make logistics effortless, fair, and efficient through the use of software. The problems we solve everyday are real and require creativity, grit, and determination. The culture we're building is one where we challenge the norms of the industry. The team we have is built on the foundation of personal growth, collaboration and experimentation.
As an Lead Manager, you will drive our team’s growth through thoughtful management and continuous improvement of our engineering practices. We currently live in Ruby on Rails, Java, Lambda with backing PostgreSQL running on AWS.
What you'll do:
- Foster a robust engineering culture
- Advocate for engineering best practices and the highest quality product
- Mentor and develop our engineers through career guidance and regular weekly meetings
- Take ownership of technical execution and roadmap/architecture/planning decisions
- Partner closely with recruiting to build a high-performing engineering team
- You have a strong track record of at least 2 years in leadership and hands-on engineering experience as a senior engineer.
- You understand that creating opportunity for your team is your most important calling and that managing is as much an honor as it is an important responsibility.
- You are passionate about team culture and enjoy mentoring, coaching, and developing your team.
- You have an intuition for teaching others.
- You enjoy working in agile startup environments.
- You are fluent in programming languages (Java, Python, Ruby).
- You stay on top of important tech industry changes.
- You ideally have a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science.
To all recruitment agencies: Transfix does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and will not be held responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Read Full Job Description