The Engineering Manager will be driven to solve complex problems in innovative ways as well as growing and leading a team of senior engineers and help define our technical strategy and roadmap. We will rely on our Engineering Manager to provide leadership while being hands-on; architecting, building, and running our investing platform.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Collaborate with Product owners to define and execute on our roadmap
- Apply a mindset of ongoing improvement toward highly efficient engineering practices
- Focus on high quality, high-velocity feature delivery, maintaining the balance between maximizing business impact and minimizing technical debt
- Lead from the technical design to delivery the growth of our maintainable, scalable architecture
- Lead and coach the team on best practices when designing, implementing, testing, and developing scalable, secure code
- Work with and mentor your engineering team in collaborative, hands-on, lead-by-example fashion
- Embody an engineering culture emphasizing collaboration, innovation, quality, and impact
- Guide and coach the professional and technical development of your team members’ careers, by assigning projects tailored to their skill levels, personalities, work styles, and professional goals.
- Provide continuous feedback, and recognize the individual strengths and contributions of each member of your team.
- 6+ years of experience developing software with 3+ years of experience managing and leading teams
- Deep technical foundation and insight at every stage of the software development lifecycle
- Strong hands-on development skills
- Proven track record of delivering complex software projects
- Strong web application development experience
- Learning and growth mindset
- Experience hiring, scaling and leading teams at a startup or high-growth company
- Experience guiding teams through planning, prioritization, and execution of work
OUR TECH STACK
Cadre runs a robust stack (React + Redux, Django, PostgreSQL), continuously integrated with zero-downtime deployments (Ansible, Packer) on AWS.
The majority of our time is spent in that environment, but our goal is to always utilize the best tool for the job: you’ll be working with members of our team to keep refining our toolset.
- Our biggest asset? Our team members and culture: join a fun and driven environment to work with, learn from, and mentor some of the brightest engineers in the industry, equally intent on building a great business as on celebrating each victory.
- 401(K), significant equity, 100% coverage of Healthcare premiums and unlimited PTO
- Amazing office space in the heart of SoHo with fully stocked kitchen (No water bottles though, we are green conscious!)
- Fun company offsites
Interested yet? To hear more, please send your resume over. Please feel free to provide any coding samples (Github, Stackoverflow, etc…) or blog posts, we’d love to take a look!