WHO WE ARE
ClassPass is committed to making the world a more active place. Our products delight users and support fitness partners on a global scale. Having already conquered nine countries and partnered with 10,000 fitness studios, ClassPass is now bringing innovative, high-quality boutique fitness to living rooms around the world.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are seeking an individual who is passionate about both people and engineering. Engineering Manager is our primary engineering management role, in which you’ll be responsible for managing a team of engineers focused on a specific area of the business.
As a engineering manager your primary responsibility will be to the engineers on your team: guiding their technical decisions, supporting their growth, and reviewing their code. You will also be collaborating with product owners to create a strong product and technical vision for your team, make sure engineering work is always aligned with our business goals, and help to manage and shape our KPIs. You will help design APIs and architecture that your colleagues will be delighted to use. You will be involved in the planning of features at the beginning and own them through deployment and monitoring.
The ClassPass tech stack is built using Java, Python, React + Node.js, React Native, and Swift. We’re hosted in AWS and persist primarily into PostgreSQL.
WHO YOU ARE
- You can lead a team through designing systems where there is considerable technical risk in the success of this product
- You are comfortable leading an engineering team that will work across a wide range of technologies
- You have experience with architectural patterns of large, high-scale applications
- You enjoy developing people and teams through coaching, mentoring and feedback
- You have successfully attracted, onboarded and retained diverse top engineering talent
- You value simplicity and strive to eliminate unnecessary complexity
- You know how to balance the development of new features and paying down technical debt
- You have at least 3 years of engineering management experience and 8 years of professional programming experience