Engineering Manager at WeWork Technology
The mission of Growth Technology is to deliver technology that powers the growth of our core businesses, by providing the right products to the right people at the right price and time. It includes how we create product offerings out of SKUs, sellable inventory, and membership rules, at a dynamically optimized price. Growth Technology covers the entire journey of a member, from their first interaction with our website or a salesperson, all the way through providing correct account visibility and flexibility so they stay a member for life and grow with us.
- Guide the technical direction and priorities of a squad, ensuring delivery of high quality, fully automation tested software.
- Mentor and coach software engineers through 1:1s and performance evaluations.
- Partner with product managers, design, QA on a regular basis in an agile environment to drive data-drive engineering and product decisions.
- 2+ years of experience as an Engineering Manager overseeing a team
- Experience building and managing large onsite & remote engineering teams (hiring, handling promotions, building teams and process)
- Well versed with a modern web application tech stack (NodeJS, React).
- Working in Agile environments and experience driving SLDC/quality/release elements
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing hundreds of thousands of members around the world with space, community, and services that enable them to do what they love and create their life's work. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
WeWork is creating a layer of technology to power our vision of “space as a service”. From identifying and designing a new location, to bringing that space to market in an elastic, easy-to-consume way, to seamlessly operating these spaces to delight our members, we are building state-of-the-art systems to automate, optimize, and improve the experience. The data we are collecting is being used to dynamically optimize utilization, pricing, even layout and form factor. This technology advantage has allowed WeWork to scale to 335+ buildings in 20+ countries, and will be our competitive advantage as the company continues to grow.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.