TrialSpark is a technology-driven drug development company that runs end-to-end clinical trials, focused on bringing new treatments to patients faster and more efficiently.
The biggest bottleneck in bringing new treatments to patients is the clinical trial. On average, getting a drug through the trial process takes nearly a decade and frequently costs $1B+. To combat this industry problem, TrialSpark has built a technology platform that optimizes all aspects of a clinical trial, enabling more efficient trial design, faster trial completion, and higher trial data quality.
TrialSpark recently raised their Series C, and is putting the capital to work by in-licensing and co-developing drug programs through in-house development, joint ventures, and NewCos. Together with doctors, patients, and communities, TrialSpark is working to develop the treatments of tomorrow.About the Position
As an Engineering Manager, you will lead a team of software engineers to build products and to solve challenges that ensure that we can efficiently capture, monitor, and analyze trial data. You will empower and grow the team, allowing each individual to do their best work, while holding the team accountable to high-quality work.
You will partner with Product and Design to shape team vision and strategy. You will build relationships with business stakeholders to understand how to best communicate business priorities to your team and your team’s priorities to cross-functional partners.
You will not only help to set technical and cultural direction for your team, but also be a role model for engineering as a whole. You will use your experience and knowledge to guide the team to (sustainably!) build the best products.Relevant Experience
- You have at least 5 years of experience as an engineer, with 2+ years of people management experience
- You have led engineering teams to deliver high-quality software by providing technical guidance and serving in a technical leadership capacity.
- You have built trust with your reports and team, identifying opportunities for their growth, sponsoring, and delegating to them.
- You have managed your team’s performance effectively, and have informed team resourcing and composition when necessary.
- You have collaborated with various stakeholders to build the best products.
- You are humble, collaborative, service-oriented, and a fast learner.
- If you’ve worked with a modern web development stack. Some of the technologies we use are Python, TypeScript, React, GraphQL, Flask, and SQLAlchemy.
- If you have experience with the healthcare industry, healthcare-related technologies, and compliance/regulatory considerations (e.g., HIPAA, SOC 2).
You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.