The biggest bottleneck in bringing new treatments to patients is the clinical trial. On average, getting a drug through the trial process takes nearly a decade and frequently costs $1B+. And the problem is only getting worse.
TrialSpark is a new healthcare company that owns the end-to-end drug development process. Our proprietary technology allows us to integrate and improve clinical research for patients, providers, and sponsors, while executing clinical trials faster and cheaper.Job Description
As an Engineering Manager, you will manage a team of software engineers building features in one or multiple product areas. You will also partner with Product Management and other teams across the organization to help deliver on TrialSpark’s mission. You are an example of what TrialSpark engineering should be, and will be deeply involved in setting the technical and cultural tone of our engineering organization. Ultimately, you are responsible for your team and their ability to deliver high-quality software in a timely manner.Relevant Experience
- You have at least 5 years of experience as an engineer, with 2+ years of people management experience
- You have led engineering teams to deliver high-quality software by providing technical guidance and serving in a technical leadership capacity when needed.
- You have built trust with your reports and team, identifying opportunities for their growth and sponsoring and delegating to them.
- You have managed your team’s performance effectively, and have informed team resourcing and composition if necessary.
- You have collaborated with various stakeholders to build the best products.
- You are humble, collaborative, service-oriented, and a fast learner.
- If you’ve worked with React, Python, GraphQL, Flask, and SQLAlchemy.
- Familiarity with goal-setting frameworks such as OKRs and have a track record of successful delivery against those goals.
- Understanding of the healthcare industry, healthcare-related technologies, and regulatory needs (e.g., HIPAA).
You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.