Aircall is on a mission to redefine the business phone.
We are an advanced cloud-based phone system, complete business phone, and call center software — all wrapped up in one single tool.
But behind our product are the people driving it. Ambition, teamwork, transparency and community — these are the values we live by at Aircall. We know that success comes from hard work and deserves to be recognized and rewarded.
So if you’re a person that loves the challenge of a startup atmosphere, enjoys solving meaningful problems, and wants to feel like part of a family — then you just might be who we’re looking for.
At Aircall, we are looking for engaged and passionate Software Engineers to join our growing Engineering Team at NYC. Our technical challenge is to leverage a fully decoupled architecture and ultimately microservices at scale with a reliable, event-driven infrastructure behind the scenes.
- Volume: Store, aggregate and compute 1M+ events / day today, 100M+ by next year
- Live: Analyze and take live decisions based on 1M+ events / day
- Modularity: Make our stack scale and increase squads' productivity by featuring microservices based on event-driven architecture
- Uptime: Keep a 99.99% uptime while dealing with an exponential activity growth
Our codebase is mainly built with Ruby, Sinatra, MySQL, Redis, and fully hosted on AWS.
About the team:
The Engineering team is composed of 40 international Software Engineers & Platform Engineers, between Paris & NYC. We are organized in Squads, working on Product features. The French team is focused on building the best phone system ever by building innovative features on our live call routing engine and ensuring a cross-channel experience from desktop to mobile. The US team is currently building and shaping Aircall as an Ecosystem & Platform, from our brand new Public API to the Marketplace.
What you'll do
- Helping the team executing the roadmap
- Mentor Engineers shipping releases respecting timelines and high quality development
- Lead by example: Coaching and mentoring Engineers to excel at their work and grow within the team
- Build the best delivery teams: hiring and onboarding Engineers
- Sync with other Engineering Managers to propose and implement process, methodologies, practices and innovations on the entire Tech team
What you'll bring
- 5+ years of software engineering experience with 2+ management experience
- Deep interest in people
- Master in mentoring engineers
- Real Tech Background - any tech stack
- First experience and success in team management or lead experience
- Quality oriented
We are looking for enthusiastic folks who are ready to innovate and make an impact for the better. Positivity, candor, ambition, commitment — these are some of the values by which we live, as individuals and as a team. We believe that success comes from hard work and deserves to be recognized and rewarded.
We believe that everyone’s voice is unique and valuable. That’s why we advocate to empower the voice of both our employees and our customers. Being fully engaged at work means that we’re happier, more confident, and more excited to achieve great things together.
Aircall offers a unique work environment and the chance to collaborate with diverse teammates across two continents. We give you the freedom and tools to do your best work, and foster an environment you can do it in. We also have some sweet perks like:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance are 100% covered
- Unlimited PTO — take the time you need to come to work feeling great!
- 401k plan (with company matching!)
- Competitive salary with fitness/wellness reimbursement and commuter compensation
- An office in the center of NYC with great food (breakfast every Monday & Friday!), drinks, and team parties
Aircall is committed to building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workforce. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome qualified applicants, regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. Members of communities historically underrepresented in tech are encouraged to apply.