About the company
At Covera Health, we have proven that advanced data science can prevent serious misdiagnoses which result in poor outcomes for patients and increased costs for payers. Using our proprietary framework, we help patients recover better, faster, and more affordably. Today, we are working with some of the largest healthcare payers in the country to potentially impact millions of patient lives. We are passionate about improving healthcare for every patient.
About the role
We are looking for a talented Engineering Manager to join us in our commitment to improve the quality of care for patients in every community across the nation. As an Engineering Manager, you will help us continue to scale our engineering efforts at Covera. You will work closely with Product and others in the organization to deeply understand business problems and help devise and deliver technical solutions. You will oversee a team of Software Engineers and be responsible for planning and managing their work. You will be a leader within our organization and instrumental in guiding, mentoring, and growing the engineering team.
- Work cross-functionally with key stakeholders to understand problems and successfully deliver solutions in a collaborative, iterative, and agile environment.
- Lead a team of software engineers and their efforts to build and enhance the web services and applications that support our customers, providers, and internal teams.
- Participate in technical discussions and reviews to help devise and refine technical solutions.
- Evangelize best practices based on knowledge and experience.
- Create a collaborative, supportive environment for the team and provide regular coaching, mentoring, and feedback to engineers.
- Assist in recruiting efforts for the team, including sourcing, screening, and interviewing engineering candidates.
- BA/BS in computer science or related technical field.
- Prior work experience as a software engineer, lead, or architect.
- 3+ years of work experience as an engineering manager with 5+ direct reports.
- Deep familiarity with modern software development practices, technologies, and tools. Must be able to engage technically with a team of talented software engineers.
- Strong communication skills with excellent ability to lead and motivate a team.
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Comfort working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment managing multiple projects and ensuring projects are delivered on time.
- Prior work experience in a small, startup environment preferred.
- Prior work experience in healthtech a plus.
You will be a full-time employee with competitive salary, stock options, and great benefits. These benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance, FSA, pre-tax commuter benefits, flexible paid time off, and a comfortable office space filled with a variety of quality snacks and beverages. Most importantly, you’ll get to know each of us and we love to work together to find solutions. We are a smart, fun focused, and unique team of people who are truly passionate about changing healthcare for the better!