Engineering Manager – New Products
What You'll Do
Crossix is looking for an Engineering Team Lead that will manage the engineering team responsible for designing, building and launching new data products. You’ll manage a team of 3-5 engineers focused primarily on designing systems that manage data collection, storage, and processing in a productized way, to bring new enterprise solutions to market. You’re excited about leading a team that will shape new products and features and design the data pipelines for sustainable and scalable growth, as we continue to bring new solutions to our customers.
- Lead a team of development resources, including Software Engineering, Data Engineering, and UI Development.
- Own the end-to-end design and build for the core architecture for New Products, in collaboration with Product Management, QA, and DevOps.
- Bring a variety of internal and external sources together using both cloud and on-premise ETL/ELT processes.
- Keep up to date on emerging technology solutions that impact the data and cloud computing domains, in particular AWS.
- Provide technical guidance & support for members of the team and others in the company in your areas of expertise.
- Actively work to develop technical and soft skills through training, event attendance, accreditation and industry knowledge.
What You've Done
- 5-10 years of hands-on experience in Software Engineering.
- 3+ Years’ experience leading and growing a small team, and comfortable with “player-coach” leadership of hands-on work.
- College degree in math, computer science, systems engineering or a similar technical field.
- Experience working within an agile development and planning environment including working directly with product managers & owners to elaborate stories through architectural design, task creation, scheduling and delivery.
- Python programming ability – object oriented and ideally in conjunction with data-storage technologies such as an RDBMS or S3.
- Usage of AWS for data-warehousing and processing. In particular, the following services are most relevant: Redshift, S3, RDS / Aurora, MySQL, Lambda, EC2 & VPC, SQS / SNS.
- Designed systems with complex data structures, processing, quality and lifecycles.
- Exposure to (or management of others conducting) UI development.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- ‘Can-do’ attitude and approach.
- Operational management / DBA of DBMS servers (Redshift, Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL or MSSQL).
- Experience containerizing applications using Docker / ECS and Kubernetes / EKS.
- Implemented or overseen the implementation of a UI project using a major JS framework (React, Angular, Vue, etc.)
- Creation of CI/CD workflows using Jenkins (preferred), Travis, TeamCity, AWS CodePipeline etc.
- Infrastructure templating using Terraform or similar.
- Design and development of high-availability customer facing applications.
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Spotfire or Tableau.
- AWS certification, or progress toward, at associate level (Solutions Architect or Developer), or specialty (Big Data) a strong advantage.
About the Team – Crossix is the market leader in delivering hard-to-come-by insights that enable healthcare marketers to plan, measure, and optimize their marketing campaigns with confidence. Using our own proprietary technology and network of health and non-health data, our analyses pinpoint the tactics, programs, and channels that improve performance and boost sales, enabling better healthcare communications. And we do it all while protecting consumer privacy.
Leadership – With decades of combined experience and an unrivaled track record of healthcare innovation, our leadership team sets the standard for us. Their knowledge and expertise continually challenge us and the industry – through their work, their speaking engagements at conferences and their thought leadership published in the top industry publications.
Culture – We know that our employees set us apart. Along with competitive salaries and benefits, we invest in creating compelling opportunities for professional development and career growth. We also believe that diversity is essential to building an environment where everyone can feel they belong. We’re continuously building an inclusive company where everyone feels welcome and heard. Come join our rapidly growing team!
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status.