See all jobs
If user interaction and pixel perfection excite you, lead a team that’s excited about those things, too. Partner with product and design to help successfully launch our newest features.
Frame.io is changing the future of how videos are made by helping over 1 million creative professionals seamlessly collaborate from all over the world.
We’re backed by Accel, FirstMark, Insight Partners, SignalFire, Jared Leto, and a host of other amazing investors. Our market-leading product is used and loved by companies such as Turner, Disney, NASA, Snapchat, BBC, BuzzFeed, TED, Adobe, Udemy, and many more.
We’re in an exciting period of growth and are always seeking extremely talented and passionate individuals who share our vision for helping visual content creators produce their best work.
About the Role
Engineering at Frame.io is about more than just writing code - it's crafting products that inspire creativity and allow our users to do great work. We care deeply about how our products are built, how they look, how they feel, and how they function.
We're looking for an engineering manager to lead and build a squad of talented engineers working on our flagship web app. As an engineering manager you'll have 3 main jobs:
- Empower the squad to be better at their jobs
- Lead the squad in building an ambitious, best-in-class web application
- Help grow our engineering team and culture
Additionally, you’ll directly contribute to codebases and provide mentorship through pair programming. To provide additional space for technical growth, each quarter you’ll pick one week to cancel all your meetings to code. We call these Manager Hack Weeks and it’s an integral part of our management culture.
Success in this role means leading the squad in delivering the best work of their careers.
- A love of people management, product design, and using exceptional products
- Experience planning, executing and delivering projects with multiple engineers. You’ve taken ideas and turned them into reality
- A strong desire to foster a working environment that’s enriching, inclusive, and safe, where people of all backgrounds and identities feel welcome
- Experience managing people, including providing formal and informal feedback
- Experience working across a full web application stack. You understand a spectrum of technologies at varying degrees of expertise. We use React, Next.js, Apollo Client, Typescript, GraphQL Codegen, Jest, Storybook, Styled Components, and Framer Motion on the frontend and Elixir, Postgres, Elasticsearch, Memcached, Redis, Docker, and AWS on the backend
- Experience writing client-side code with a frontend framework like React (preferred). We’d also like to talk to you if your contribution experience is primarily backend, but you’ve got a strong product intuition
- Manage a squad of both frontend and backend engineers building our web app. Coach them. Advocate for them. Unblock them. Celebrate them. Change the trajectory of their careers by helping them expand their impact each and every day
- Partner closely with product, design, user insights, and QA members of the squad to shape, sequence, and lead the squad’s engineering work.
- Own the squad’s technical roadmap and deliver an exceptional web app. Once a feature ships, you'll pay close attention to the impact and iterate towards a successful outcome
- Promote engineering excellence with a focus on performance, scalability, reliability, privacy, and security
- Provide technical leadership to the engineers and be accountable for the technical decisions made on the team. You’ll make sure the squad’s work integrates well with the rest of our web app and other products
- Grow, educate, hire, and retain a high-performing team with a high delivery cadence
- Collaborate with fellow engineers and managers to strengthen our culture that nurtures talent and sets people up to do great work
- Competitive salary and equity
- Paid parental leave for primary or secondary caregivers
- Unlimited PTO and designated Volunteering paid time off
- Yearly stipend for learning and development
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance and OneMedical membership
- Flexible Spending Account
- Monthly Work from Home Stipend
- 1 paid company-wide holiday for each month in the calendar year
- All-company week-long winter and summer breaks
Our philosophy is simple. At Frame.io, we believe that working with people of different backgrounds and perspectives allows us to elevate each other and helps us build a better product for our users.
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and are committed to providing all employees with a work environment that celebrates individuality and remains free from any form of discrimination and harassment. We based our employment decisions on the needs of our business, job requirements and applicants' qualifications. In other words, we only care that you're the best person for the job.