At AlphaSights, we search through more than 500 million professionals working in the world today to find the small handful of experts qualified to answer our clients' needs. They use these insights to drive amazing progress within their organizations. Our mission is to provide access to dispersed, hidden, and underutilized knowledge.
We’ve made terrific progress working in this new space, but there is still an incredible amount of work to do. We’ve only just scratched the surface on how we can apply technology to this problem.
AlphaSights' Engineering Managers are team leaders that excel at unlocking their team’s potential for high-quality delivery. They manage the people side of their teams and support the technical one; being both a career mentor as well as a technical coach for their developers. They spend the majority of their time unblocking their team for maximum delivery, coaching them in Agile principles & practices, communicating the team’s needs and progress to the rest of the organization and ensuring continuous learning, leading to personal and technical excellence.
You'll work closely with a variety of people in the business to arrive at the best solution, immediately see the impact of your work, and get feedback directly from users.
We are looking for experienced managers who are interested in running and building technical teams and holding them accountable to a high standard. You should be comfortable working across multiple cultures, trying new ideas, experimenting with new processes, and providing technical mentorship to your teams.
We care more about your management skills than your deep knowledge of a particular practice.
- Manage a team of (mostly remote) software engineers, including sprint planning & grooming, standups, and retrospectives
- Work with Product Owners to flesh out business requirements and ensure that the team is solving the right problems to help the business
- Ensure that the team adheres to high standards and practices sustainable engineering
- Ensure your team is appropriately staffed and manage the hiring and onboarding process
- Help your team grow from both a technical and career perspective
- Follow an agile methodology for quick, easy and graceful delivery
You might be a fit if you:
- Have at least 4 years of professional development experience, and have at least 3 years of management experience
- Are comfortable and experienced in managing remote teams given the current climate resulting from COVID-19
- Enjoy mentoring other team members, including code reviews and tech talks
- Can balance deep work with cross-team collaboration
- Constantly learn from and mentor other engineers
- Have previous experience with one or more of Lean Development, Scrum, Kanban, XP
You might lead teams that:
- Build our next generation products to improve our client offerings
- Improve our internal and client-facing user interfaces
- Build tools to schedule multi-party communication with heavy constraints
- Automate the detection and mitigation of risk in real-time
- Tackle the challenges associated with Information Retrieval including building recommendation engines, auto-completion, and data categorization
- Improve and evolve our core infrastructure to continue to reduce developer friction for deployment
- Optimize and scaling our overall platform architecture
Who you would work with:
- You would join a dynamic, multinational, and diverse team who enjoy solving interesting problems in a collaborative environment
- We have self-taught engineers as well as graduates from top Computer Science and Engineering schools
- Your co-workers will include motivated recent graduates as well as experienced industry leaders from companies such as Google and Amazon