Engineering Manager at Mulberry Technology
Mulberry is disrupting a $40B insurance industry by providing omnichannel merchants a seamless plug-and-play platform from which to offer product insurance. We call NYC home and are founded by a team of executives who are passionate about e-commerce and building efficiencies through a customer-first outlook. Our platform not only drives revenue for brands, but also improves customer experience and trust in warranty programs.
Mulberry is hiring for an Engineering Manager to help build a modern platform transforming how insurance is priced and offered at the point of sale. As an Engineering Manager at Mulberry, you will be working with a close-knit team with deep experience building financial products for e-commerce.
What You’ll Do:
- Help drive a scalable architecture strategy across the Mulberry platform
- Help identify system bottlenecks and opportunities to refactor and know when to act on them.
- Be a player-coach, and will be hands on in the development of Mulberry’s core features and services
- Recruit, build and develop high performing engineering teams
- Help drive engineering policies and processes related to product development, code reviews, coding style / conventions and engineering best practices.
- Facilitate building a strong engineering culture by creating and partaking in various meetups, networking events and open source projects
- Mentor and develop engineers on the team, participate in 1x1’s, helping with career advancement.
- Act as a liaison between engineers, helping foster open communication, respect and transparency across the team
What We're Seeking:
- Demonstrated experience leading teams of engineers operating critical infrastructure.
- Demonstrated experience working with teams across the entire stack.
- Significant experience working within an engineering career development capacity.
- The desire to have a healthy balance between managing a small team yet still being hands-on in the codebase
- At least 5 Years Python, Go or Scala experience
- The desire to create an outstanding product for our customers
- The ability to make complex decisions quickly
- At least 3 years engineering management experience
- The ability to be self driven, leading projects to completion without oversight
- The desire to challenge engineers to reach their full potential
Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive salary
- Full benefits, including 401(k)
- Unlimited PTO
- Strong, vibrant, and fun culture, with lots of virtual outings!