Engineering Manager at Crossix
| Greater NYC Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:31 a.m. (EST) on Saturday, August 22, 2020
Crossix is a health-focused technology company dedicated to advancing healthcare marketing with analytics and innovative planning, targeting, measurement, and optimization solutions. Positioned at the center of big data, innovative technology, and multichannel media, Crossix, a Veeva Company, provides our clients with insights to help make strategic business decisions and drive improved patient outcomes. Crossix knows that our employees are integral to our success, which is why we have created an inclusive culture where everyone can thrive. Crossix is headquartered in midtown Manhattan with opportunities to work in our NYC office and other locations around the country. Along with competitive salaries and benefits, we invest in opportunities for professional development and career growth, and provide other amenities like a beautiful rooftop, team bonding activities, etc.
Crossix is looking for an Engineering Manager who will own the design, build, launch, and scale of the Veeva Data Cloud platform. You will be both hands-on coding and managing a dedicated engineering team. You’ll be focused on architecting a big data platform that can support both the short-term launch goals and the longer-term vision.
We are looking for someone who defines themselves as a coder with strong architecting skills, understands modern stack technologies, and can hire, scale, and manage a team. It’s an exciting opportunity to set the DNA for the team as well as define the Data Cloud development methodology. You’ll be the development lead for a team that brings a scalable, reliable, enterprise-level platform to market, delivering data products to customers.
What You’ll Do
- Be one of the first developers on a milestone platform, as well as hire and scale the team needed to build it (Data Architecture, Data Engineering, Back-end, and Front-end)
- Own the build and delivery of Veeva Data Cloud, which entails all elements of product development, including data ingestion, pipeline, references, delivery, customer-facing front-end, and overall architecture
- Make key product decisions and help define technical roadmaps
- Be a leader and expert developer who is also hands-on and can help build the product
- Track development, translate stories to tasks, manage sprints, priorities, and backlog, in collaboration with the Product Management team while helping to define an Agile culture
- Collaborate with all aspects of the business including Product Management, Data Scientists, Data Operations, QA, and DevOps
- 8+ years of solid server-side development
- 5+ years leading engineering teams
- Hands-on software development experience and comfortable writing code (“player-coach”)
- Experience architecting and opening development for enterprise products
- Highly proficient in Java
- Experience hiring and developing high-performing engineers
- Experience in Scala or Go
- Experience developing distributed and scalable systems using Spark/Elastic/MongoDB
- Experience with Hadoop, Hive, Elastic, NoSQL databases
- Proven experience in Big Data (i.e., tens of billions of records), distributed computing and AWS
- Experience building in agile including working alongside a Product Management team
- College degree in math, computer science, systems engineering or a similar technical field
Nice to Have
- Exposure to (or management of others conducting) UI development
About the Team – Crossix is the market leader in delivering hard-to-come-by insights that enable healthcare marketers to plan, measure, and optimize their marketing campaigns with confidence. Using our own proprietary technology and network of health and non-health data, our analyses pinpoint the tactics, programs, and channels that improve performance and boost sales, enabling better healthcare communications. And we do it all while protecting consumer privacy.
Leadership – With decades of combined experience and an unrivaled track record of healthcare innovation, our leadership team sets the standard for us. Their knowledge and expertise continually challenge us and the industry – through their work, their speaking engagements at conferences and their thought leadership published in the top industry publications.
Culture – We know that our employees set us apart. Along with competitive salaries and benefits, we invest in creating compelling opportunities for professional development and career growth. We also believe that diversity is essential to building an environment where everyone can feel they belong. We’re continuously building an inclusive company where everyone feels welcome and heard. Come join our rapidly growing team!
If this role and our exciting company culture seem appealing to you, please apply! We want to continue to grow our diverse team of hardworking and humble people who are passionate about their work. We hope that’s you!