Engineering Manager at Zocdoc
Zocdoc is the tech company at the beginning of a better healthcare experience. Every day, we are driven by our mission to give power to the patient, building products and services that simplify and streamline the overall healthcare journey for patients and providers, delivering the modern healthcare experience they expect and deserve.
Healthcare moves slow. We move fast. Patients deserve speed and convenience.
The safety and health of our employees is our top priority. As such, our return to office plan will follow a phased approach, working towards a hybrid model. Starting September 13 until the end of the year, our hybrid model will consist of two encouraged in-office days (Wednesday & Thursday); there will not be any mandatory return to office in 2021. Learn more about our return to office philosophy and plans here!
Your impact on our Mission
As our Engineering Manager you’ll work closely with our Product, UX and Analytics teams to build a better health care experience. Your leadership of our software team will result in us shipping quickly with the right amount of investment in infrastructure, bettering our product and improving the lives of millions of patients. Your dedication to building a culture of transparency, inclusion, and support will help ensure that our engineering is always evolving and growing. Your ability to combine technical capabilities, digging into details to unblock teams and steer through complex engineering tradeoffs, with business knowledge and context is crucial for the success of Zocdoc.
You'll enjoy this role if you are…
- Passionate about software engineering and product development
- A business and product-first technologist
- A leader who enjoys inspiring, supporting and influencing their teams to do their best work
- Excited about building diverse and inclusive teams
- A data-driven thinker who makes decisions based on facts
- Motivated by working with the latest technologies
Your day to day is…
- Leading, managing, and growing software engineering teams at Zocdoc building full-stack software for delivering engaging health care experiences
- Partnering with Product, UX, and Analytics to research and prioritize road maps and set a product direction
- Helping guide and support your team’s technology strategy
- Working across the organization on Engineering Culture, helping to build career ladders, steer cross-team events, and help build an inclusive technology workforce
- With a strong hand in architecture, you’ll make sure we are building out the platform’s capabilities with attention to scale and speed
- Mentoring and coaching a team of engineers to deliver outstanding new products in React.js and .NET Core
- Setting a technical strategy for your products, with a focus on scalable and easy to develop systems
- Interview and recruit candidates to help your team grow!
You'll be successful in this role if you have…
- 5+ years of experience building and shipping software
- 2+ years of experience leading, growing, and inspiring engineering teams
- History of building polished and well tested consumer products
- Experience architecting and developing scalable web applications
- Experience working with microservice architectures and AWS / cloud environment
- Solid communication skills with the ability to influence key stakeholders and build consensus with engineers at all levels
- Unlimited PTO
- 100% paid employee health benefit options
- Competitive parental leave
- Catered lunch everyday along with snacks (in office)
- Cell Phone reimbursement
- Convenient Soho location
Zocdoc is the country’s leading digital health marketplace that helps patients easily find and book the care they need. Each month, millions of patients use our free service to find nearby, in-network providers, compare choices based on verified patient reviews, and instantly book in-person or video visits online. Providers participate in Zocdoc’s Marketplace to reach new patients to grow their practice, fill their last-minute openings, and deliver a better healthcare experience. Founded in 2007 with a mission to give power to the patient, our work each day in pursuit of that mission is guided by our six core values. Zocdoc is a private company backed by some of the world’s leading investors, and we believe we’re still only scratching the surface of what we plan to accomplish.
Zocdoc is a mission-driven organization dedicated to building teams as diverse as the patients and providers we aim to serve. In the spirit of one of our core values - Together, Not Alone, we are a company that prides itself on being highly collaborative, and we believe that diverse perspectives, experiences and contributors make our community and our platform better. We’re an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Applicants are considered for employment regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or any other class protected by applicable laws.