Engineering Manager at Peloton
WHO WE ARE:
On the Web Engagement team, we build products and features that motivate our Members to become the best version of themselves every day. We work closely together to come up with creative ways to improve the member experience. Ideas here go as far as you can take them. And we still have a lot further to go to connect the world through fitness.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Learn the motivations and career goals of each member of your team and support their development whether in 1:1’s, team ceremonies, or other forums
- Manage initiatives which involve partnering with cross-functional team members from Product, Design, QA, and Program Management to achieve
- Set a vision, drive clarity on the business need, set goals, evaluate resource needs, and achieve consensus on priorities
- Influence the big picture and set technical direction for your team
- Maintain a hands-on approach with Typescript, React, Redux, GraphQL, Jest, Next.JS, and other front-end technologies
- Implement best practices in architectural design, testing (unit, integration, visual, and regression), and scrum methodology
- Proactively communicate with leadership, providing context around risks/blockers/timeline, seeking guidance, and recommending a direction
- Hire opportunistically for your team to fill gaps on the team and improve diversity and inclusion on the team
- Partner with your peers to change policies and establish new procedures
WHO YOU ARE:
- You have a solid track record of management experience and/or leadership in an IC role
- You are passionate about making your team successful and bringing out the best in everyone
- You are excellent at listening to others, communicating different perspectives, showing empathy, and building trust
- You care deeply about creating an inclusive environment, respecting others, and making them feel welcome
Please note: This is a full-time position that will be remote initially (due to COVID-19) and based in our New York City HQ once safe to re-open the office.
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.