Engineering Manager at Simon Data
Simon Data was founded in 2015 by a team of successful serial entrepreneurs. We are an enterprise customer data platform that empowers marketers to create personalized data-driven experiences for the customers. We’re scrappy problem solvers who believe in tackling big challenges with disruptive thinking and giving our customers the support they need to deliver great next-generation experiences at scale.
Simon Data is a data-first customer experience orchestration platform, designed to disrupt the marketing technology and marketing cloud category. Simon’s platform empowers businesses to use enterprise-scale data and machine learning to power customer communications across every channel. Our unique approach allows brands to develop one-to-one relationships with their customers without building a bespoke in-house data infrastructure.
At Simon, we firmly believe that business success starts and ends with people. We all do our best work when we are surrounded by other friendly top performers who want to succeed together. This attitude is core to our values. When you trust your team, invest in their development, and give them ownership, great things happen.The Role
Does your perfect role involve leading and mentoring engineers as they work on one of their company's most pivotal products? Do you thrive in an engineering culture rooted in the core values of simplicity, generosity, execution, and openness? Do you want to work in an environment that moves quickly (multiple deployments throughout the day) and constantly strives to reduce waste as well as structures themselves around the most important goals for the business? If so, this opportunity is for you!
Simon Data is looking for an Engineering Manager to own the team responsible for building the next generation of our industry leading orchestration platform.
In this role, you will be a mentor and an advocate for your team, while working with Recruiting to ensure that we continue to hire influential engineers who exemplify our values & competencies, and consistently deliver high impact business value.What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with your pod of engineers to develop career goals and plans to achieve them
- Partner with product owners of the Orchestration platform to deeply understand our clients’ use cases and project priorities
- Partner with the team technical lead to break down projects into tasks and distribute those across the team’s skill sets
- Manage your team of hardworking and intelligent engineers via coaching, guiding, mentoring, supporting, and being a role model
- Contribute to building and delivering resource allocations targeted to continue driving the engineering organization forward
- Drive growth of the team by playing a pivotal role in finding, attracting and hiring outstanding individuals to Simon
- Collaborate with the leadership team to produce plans for team personal development, growth, and sustained value
- Play a role suited to your own interests in decision making pertaining to critical software components, scaling our architecture, system design, or department process & productivity
- 3+ years of direct management experience
- 2+ years of engineering experience as a software or data engineer & comfort with at least one mainstream programming language (Python, Java, Scala, C#, Ruby, etc.)
- Shown ability to successfully lead teams & projects
- Reasonable exposure to & understanding of some form of Agile or modern program management
- Proficient communication skills
- A fervent appreciation for organization
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment
- A passion for working with data
- Thoughtful, curious and a problem solver
- Personable, collaborative, caring, and a sense of humor
Visa sponsorship for this role is currently not available.Diversity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.