Squarespace is looking for a Team Lead to direct and scale the Design Platform team. The Design Platform team enables Product Design and Engineering teams to deliver beautiful, performant, and inclusive products. They maintain the code expression of our Design System, as well as UX libraries that allow our product engineers to create consistently excellent experiences for our users.
Design Platform is part of the Interface Platform group, which enables our product engineers to deliver beautiful, durable, performant, and accessible experiences to our users. Their tools and components are critical to Squarespace’s current and future feature roadmap. In this role you’ll help several teams to deliver high quality technology products/services, working in partnership with technical and product leadership.
You will report to the Interface Platform Engineering Manager in our New York City headquarters.
- Lead other engineers and collaborate with designers to provide strong customer-focused experiences
- Have regular 1-1s with team members, and take an active role in code reviews for team members
- Interface with a variety of stakeholders and develop and drive the team’s roadmap
- Keep our product up-to-date with the latest frontend technologies such as React and ESNext
- Practice disciplined software engineering (e.g. automated testing, code reviews, and writing beautiful, pragmatic code)
- Actively contribute to team and company standards
- Mentor team members and help them grow
- Experience leading a team of 3+ engineers
- Extensive experience developing large-scale application software
- Knowledge about modern CSS language features, including Flexbox, CSS Grid, feature queries
- An understanding of HTML semantics and ARIA roles, and knowing their correct application
- Have experience with Single Page Application development
- A sincere commitment to crafting readable, reliable, and well tested code
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related or equivalent industry experience
- 5+ years of industry experience
- Experience working with Design Systems and libraries that enable it like Styled System
- Experience working with React Native and/or native mobile development
- TypeScript Experience or Interest
- Managing npm libraries, open source or otherwise
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 1,000 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) and pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.