Engineering Team Lead - GCP Integrations at Datadog
We're on a mission to build the best platform in the world for engineers to understand and scale their systems, applications, and teams. We operate at high scale—trillions of data points per day—providing always-on alerting, metrics visualization, logs, and application tracing for tens of thousands of companies. Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way.
The GCP team builds software to connect with the GCP ecosystem of managed services, tools, and integrations that our customers use. The team instruments VMs, databases, load balancers, Cloud Functions, and everything else in the array of services that GCP provides. The team also works with other cloud and web service teams to share architecture and development best practices for stability and scale.
Easily configurable integrations are a key part of why our customers love Datadog. As Engineering Team Lead for the GCP team, you’ll manage a growing team of talented engineers to scale and expand our range of GCP integrations and tooling. You’ll become an expert in everything GCP—instrumenting the latest offerings as they are released, working with our partners in GCP on new functionality and roadmap, often before the general public has access.
- Manage and grow a team of talented engineers, ensuring they deliver high quality, timely work and that they’re happy, motivated, and growing in their careers.
- Develop systems that make hundreds of thousands of API calls per minute
- Ensure the team consistently ships high quality code and architecture
- Run a lightweight agile process to pace and track what we work on and deliver
- Help improve our engineering tooling and practices
- You have been building applications for 4+ years and know the systems you’ve worked on from top to bottom
- You have managed a team of software engineers
- You want to work in a fast-paced, high-growth startup environment that respects its engineers and customers
- You have architected, built, and operated distributed systems to solve problems at high scale
- You’ve built something on top of AWS, GCP, and/or Azure APIs
- You’re a master at Go or Python and their respective ecosystems
- You have experience in containerized environments, particularly using Kubernetes
Is this you? Let's chat!
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.