We're on a mission to build the best platform in the world for engineers to understand and scale their systems, applications, and teams. We operate at high scale—trillions of data points per day—providing always-on alerting, metrics visualization, logs, and application tracing for tens of thousands of companies. Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way.
The Hot Storage team is responsible for consistently indexing data into our datastores (hundreds of gigabytes of new data per day) and keeping that data available for queries. The team is responsible for building robust and stateful distributed systems and ensuring the data is always available and up-to-date even when volumes vary widely.
As Engineering Team Lead for Hot Storage, you’ll manage a team of talented engineers to scale and expand our range of storage capabilities. You will be responsible for defining the technical vision of how we store and retrieve our data, which includes taking ownership of our indexed data services (e.g. index events, storing them in datastores, making them available to be queried). To do this, you will lead a team to build distributed, high-throughput, and low-latency systems with a strong focus on availability, resilience, and durability.
- Manage the engineers on the team, developing their skills and helping advance their careers
- Ensure the team consistently ships high quality code and architecture
- Code (Go and Java) new and existing services to scale out our event platform offering
- Contribute to the architecture and design of our indexed data services
- Debug and solve challenging cross-systems issues in production
- Help improve our engineering tooling and practices
- You have been building applications for 4+ years and know the systems you’ve worked on from top to bottom
- You have managed a team of software engineers
- You have architected, built, and operated distributed systems to solve problems at high scale
- You want to work in a fast-paced, high-growth startup environment to build a brand new product
- You've worked at high scale with systems like Akka, Redis or Kafka
- You’ve written your own data pipelines before
- You have a strong background in statistics
- You have significant experience with Go or a JVM based language
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.