Engineering Team Lead - Insight at Datadog
We're on a mission to build the best platform in the world for engineers to understand and scale their systems, applications, and teams. We operate at high scale—trillions of data points per day—providing always-on alerting, metrics visualization, logs, and application tracing for tens of thousands of companies. Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way.
We develop a high-throughput platform for creating observability into everything that happens inside Datadog. It’s critical for our customer’s trust that they are able to know who has access to what data and that they can maintain auditability in their organization. This team provides powerful tools for user monitoring, alerting and visibility for large customers with a focus on good UX and detail obsession.
As Team Lead for the Insight team you will guide a team of talented engineers to build and extend the platform giving our customers insight into the actions of their users. You will play a critical role in building the trust of our customers and must display a strong focus and interest in understanding how to deliver a great experience.
- Design and implement products with the goal of providing insight into customers usage of Datadog
- Own meaningful parts of our service in a quickly growing team
- Collaborate with a globally distributed engineering team to build high-scale logging and data intake solutions
- Plan the most important projects to work on next
- You have significant experience in one or more languages
- You value code simplicity and performance
- You have experience (at least 3 years) designing, building, and managing complex applications
- You have a product oriented mindset and care deeply about the customer experience
- You have experience with best practices around logging, audit tools and monitoring
- You have experience building high information density products
- You have significant experience with Go and/or Python
#LI-Remote This is a remote position
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.