Engineering Team Lead- Social Integrations at DoubleVerify
Type: Full Time
Reports To: Director of Social Integrations
DoubleVerify is the leading independent provider of marketing measurement software, data and analytics that authenticates the quality and effectiveness of digital media for the world's largest brands and media platforms. DV provides media transparency and accountability to deliver the highest level of impression quality for maximum advertising performance. Since 2008, DV has helped hundreds of Fortune 500 companies gain the most from their media spend by delivering best in class solutions across the digital ecosystem, helping to build a better industry. Learn more at www.doubleverify.com.
The Engineering Team Lead will join DV’s Social Integrations software development and data engineering team and will use industry standards and latest technologies to design and build deep integrations with the world’s biggest social platforms in order to measure ad performance. You will make technical choices that ensure industry-leading scalability, reliability factors on mission-critical systems that process billions of real-time transactions a day, You will experiment with new and cutting-edge technologies designed for large scale, distributed systems, Big Data and Ad Tech solutions.
- Lead by example and aren’t afraid to be hands on – we expect you to spend 50-75% of your time writing code
- Think both tactically and strategically, able to help shape and execute DV’s partnership strategy with Social platforms
- Join and lead a great team of motivated engineers that develop critical, large scale distributed services for DoubleVerify's Social Integrations like YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat.
- Design and develop robust applications, services, and APIs that scale
- Understand business needs and work with product owners to establish priorities
- Create clean, modern, and sustainable code as well as participate in code reviews
- Work in multi-functional agile teams with end-to-end responsibility for product development and delivery
- Explore new ways of producing, processing, and analyzing data in order to gain insights into both our users and our product features
- Maintain and instill high standards for code quality, stability and performance
- Continuously improve the quality of deliverables and SDLC processes
- Conduct technical screening and Interviews to build a shared team of Data and Software Engineers in DoubleVerify’s Social Integrations team.
- Mentor and Coach a talented team of engineers.
- Expertise in Python or similar languages
- Expertise in SQL
- Experience in building data pipelines using Big Data technologies like Kafka, Spark, Hadoop etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills - ability to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders across all levels of the organization
- At least 5 years of software development experience
- At least 1 years of leadership experience (managing people)
- Experience in Ad Tech industry
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent technical experience
- Experience in working with various APIs/Protocols
- Passionate about implementing best in class solutions
- Good understanding of SQL (CTE, Joins, Pivoting)
- A keen eye for details and anomaly detection in data
- Worked with multiple programming languages like Python, Scala
- Familiarity with modern CI/CD tooling using Docker, Kubernetes
- Good understanding of Agile methodologies like Kanban and Scrum
- Excellent mentoring/coaching skills
- Experience in Peer-programming / Code Review