Engineering Team Manager, Media Platforms at Squarespace
Engineering Team Manager, Media Platform
Squarespace is looking for an Engineering Team Manager to direct and scale the Media Platform team. The Media Platform team powers the processing and serving of Audio, Video, and Images at Squarespace.
You will report to a manager in New York City.
- Develop engineers through coaching, mentoring and feedback
- Have regular 1-1s with team members, and take an active role in code reviews for team members
- Work with a variety of partners. Develop the team’s roadmap.
- Partner with other leaders to influence product, architectural and organizational choices
- Practice disciplined software engineering (e.g. automated testing, code reviews, and writing beautiful, pragmatic code)
- Grow the technical expertise and development practices of your teams
- Manage a small team of engineers
- 2+ years of experience in an engineering manager/technical leadership role
- Experience building / managing a team of software engineers
- Experience designing highly-scalable and distributed backend systems in a microservice architecture
- Experience managing multiple, concurrent projects
- Experience with Java, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, and distributed systems
- A deep passion for mentoring engineering teams
- Experience managing customer-facing front-end teams - a plus
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 1,000 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) and pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.