Engineering Test Technician
Latch is seeking a motivated, hands-on Engineering Test Technician to be part of the Hardware Quality Engineering team in New York. The ideal candidate shall have a passion for electronics and be interested in teardowns and setting up experiments. This role will work within a highly cross-functional team and collaborate closely with mechanical, electrical, and hardware reliability engineers. The goal of the Hardware Quality Engineering team is to conduct root cause failure analysis and to use experimental results to understand the reliability of our products. The candidate will be a core contributor in both of these areas, ensuring we get the data we need to build out a world-class system.
Smart access isn’t about locking doors, it’s about opening up new possibilities. Latch is the world’s first fully integrated hardware and software system dedicated to bringing seamless access to every door in a modern building. We’re looking for the curious and the creative to join our team and help us continue to change the way we access our most valued spaces.
- Support teams with assembly/disassembly of prototype devices
- Support teams with board level modification (e.g., soldering, rework, programming, etc.)
- Document SOP instructions for hardware validation tests
- Procure and maintain lab stock supplies, equipment, tools, parts, and materials
- Operate equipment such as soldering station, temp chambers, oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, power supplies, power analyzers, etc
- Associates degree or BS in Electronics, Electrical/Mechanical Engineering, or a related field
- Demonstrated engineering passion, initiative, innovation, and creativity
- Proficient electronics background, especially in troubleshooting and validation of analog and digital circuits.
Founded in 2014, Latch is a venture-backed, high-growth organization that's on a mission to change the way people open, manage, and share their spaces. Today, 1 in 10 new developments in the U.S. depend on our full-building smart access solution to meet the needs of residents and property managers.
We are a team of just over 200 employees, all of whom are passionate self starters with unique backgrounds and unexpected stories. We offer unlimited time off, a competitive health package, and the opportunity to work in a creative, dynamic, and fast-paced office environment. We are located just a quick walk from both Hudson Yards and Penn Station in New York City.