Enterprise Infrastructure Engineer at Angi (Greater NYC Area, NY or Remote)
Angi® is transforming the home services industry, creating an environment for homeowners, service professions and employees to feel right at “home.” For most home maintenance needs, our platform makes it easier than ever to find a qualified service professional for most indoor and outdoor jobs, home renovations (or anything in between!). We are on a mission to become the home for everything home by helping small businesses thrive and providing solutions to financing and booking home jobs with just a few clicks.
Over the last 25 years we have opened our doors to a network of over 200K service professionals and helped over 150 million homeowners love where they live. We believe home is the most important place on earth and are embarking on a journey to redefine how people care for their homes. Angi is an amazing place to build your dream career, join us—we cannot wait to welcome you home!
About the Role:
Angi is looking for an Enterprise Infrastructure Engineer to join our fast-growing team. The candidate should be detail-oriented, proficient with technologies, possess an IaC (Infrastructure as Code) and IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service) mentality, and be able to flourish in a fast-paced environment. Systems engineers generally work with numerous software programs, clients, and other technical staff, and often need to do field analysis and maintenance. Their responsibilities include upgrading and improving operating environments, creating remediation strategies, automating day-to-day tasks, and providing technical support for users.
Successful Infrastructure Engineers should have good communication and collaboration skills, excellent analytical, problem-solving, and time-management skills, and some knowledge of data laws.
- Understand cloud computing
- Installing and maintaining operating environments via automation/jobs.
- Updating any software where necessary via automation/jobs.
- Monitoring these operating environments.
- Ensuring operating environments stay safe and secure.
- Participate in the on-call rotation once the individual is comfortable with a majority of the technologies.
- Responding effectively and speedily to any problems.
- Documenting all reported problems and actions taken in response.
- Participate and provide feedback in Lessons Learned calls.
- Maintaining a professional demeanor with clients and colleagues.
- Providing training and support.
- Hands-on experience or an understanding of public cloud implementations, administration, and operations (AWS preferred).
- IaC (Infrastructure as Code) and IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service) concepts (AWS services preferred).
- Experience with scripting languages (PowerShell preferred and Bash/Ruby nice-to-have).
- Understanding of general networking concepts (AWS VPC’s, subnets, routing nice-to-have).
- Experience with Windows administration (Linux nice-to-have).
- Configuration management concepts (Terraform preferred and Chef nice-to-have).
- Experience or understanding of MS SQL Server Always On Clustering.
- Experience with Microsoft Active Directory, Group Policy, IIS, and File Services.
- Experience or understanding of modern authentication products (Okta preferred).
- Total compensation: $100,000 - $160,000, commensurate with experience and performance. Compensation may vary based on factors such as cost of living.
- This position will be eligible for a competitive year end performance bonus & equity package.
- Full medical, dental, vision package to fit your needs
- Flexible vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- Pet discount plans & retirement plan with company match (401K)
- The rare opportunity to work with sharp, motivated teammates solving some of the most unique challenges and changing the world