Executive Director, Applications Engineering at StrongArm Technologies
Brooklyn, NY or Remote within USA with EST time zone work hours
As the Executive Director of Applications Engineering you will provide technical and managerial leadership of our applications development team focused on delivering best in class mobile and web applications.
In this role, you will provide a balance between technical guidance and management of a team of software engineers overseeing a range of areas. These areas include Android mobile development, frontend web, backend APIs, and database technologies in cloud server environments. The Software Applications Engineering team works in conjunction with Data Engineering and Platform Engineering teams to deliver applications used by Industrial Athletes, front-line managers in the field, corporate clients, insurance carriers, as well as internal teams.
The Software Applications Engineering team works with StrongArm’s Embedded Engineering team to create applications that work in support of IoT devices used by Industrial Athletes, UI and UX team to implement great applications that solve customer facing problems. The Executive Director of Applications Engineering will report to the Chief Product Officer.
- Technical Management. Identifying and implementing best practices and processes in a growing startup across a complex tech stack and various technical stakeholders. Especially providing a comprehensive management of engineering metrics, goals, and best practices. Provide internal stakeholders insight to make smarter and better informed decisions on roadmap, resourcing, and planning.
- Technical Leadership. Set the technical vision, lay out and execute on a strategic roadmap to ensure that StrongArm’s mobile and web applications are staying ahead of the industry in innovation and cutting-edge technologies.
- Technical Delivery. Ensure that rollouts/launches are of the highest quality and delivered on-time to meet stringent, and often inflexible, market timelines.
- Technical Vision. Establishes and directs the strategic long term goals, policies and procedures for an organization's software development program.
- Technology Partner. Partner closely with the various Product and Engineering leadership team, particularly Product, to ensure that Engineering is in lock-step with strategy and absolutely aligned with the Product vision.
- 10 years+ relevant industry experience
- Completed BS or MS in a Computer Science or related degree
- Frontend and Backend Web development and Mobile application development experience.
- Experience working in and scaling ecosystems, businesses, and teams.
- Experience recruiting and managing geographically distributed teams.
- Experience working with complex applications in various B2B and B2C applications.
- Excellent product sensibility and experience partnering closely with Product Management to achieve business goals.
- Technical depth to uncover root causes of complex technical problems and provide guidance on solving them, along with experience working across teams and organizations to effect positive engineering outcomes.
- Ability to inspire and motivate engineering teams to work together as a cohesive and highly productive unit.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, with ability to succinctly represent complex technical concepts to varied audiences and different levels of leadership.
StrongArm Technologies is an equal opportunity employer