Facilities & Workplace Services Engineer Lead at Squarespace
Squarespace is seeking a Facilities & Workplaces Services Engineering Lead who will be responsible for managing the day-to-day office facilities and infrastructure operations within the Squarespace occupied space at our NYC location.
The right candidate will act as a subject matter expert and technical advisor reporting directly into the Facilities & Workplace Services Manager. This role will be responsible for all mechanical and maintenance related services and activities within our space to ensure a fully operational, safe and clean environment that lends itself to motivating our exceptionally talented team. In this job, no two days are ever the same. You’ll thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment and will use your knowledge, diligence and creativity to promote an engaging and award winning office culture.
- Main point of contact responsible for management and supervision of all maintenance related items including but not limited to MEP building and office infrastructure, finish maintenance, janitorial services, etc.
- Lead the repair and maintenance program, including but not limited to conducting regular reviews, KPI checklists, short and long term planning for maintenance, repairs, and capital improvements, report analysis, etc.
- Assist the Facilities & Workplace Services Manager in developing/maintaining budgets and RFP of contract services.
- Assist with the creation and implementation of standard operating procedures (electrical/ cooling tower shutdown, etc.)
- Develop, maintain, and organize all critical spare part inventory, attic stock, blueprints, closeout documents, etc.
- Proactively manage day-to-day facilities operations and work closely with our internal teams to ensure that all facilities related activity is performed in an organized, timely and professional manner
- Lead safety programs and continually develop sustainability and utility usage analysis
- 5+ years of office management/facilities experience demonstrating progressing responsibilities
- Read and interpret technical documents including but not limited to blueprints, as builts, renderings, submittals, user manuals, etc.
- Working knowledge of electrical wiring and components, steam, water, and mechanical systems including but not limited to cooling towers, chemical water treatment, BMS systems, domestic water pumps, walk in freezers, Ketra Lighting, etc.
- Demonstrated experience leading negotiations with external vendors
- Adept problem-solving skills and meticulous attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work cross-functionally and communicate effectively with high level management, while accommodating agent and employee requests with utmost courtesy
- Non-business Hours Coverage - on call for all emergencies (monitor BMS, etc.) and able to occasionally work non-business hours to support projects and events
- Computer literacy, specifically using Google Apps, a must
- Able to lift at least 50 lbs and properly use a ladder, light carpentry and painting.
- Certifications - OSHA, P.E. etc., a plus
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 800 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
- And more
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.