Field Quality Engineer at Peloton
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 3 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand’s immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, Peloton Bike+, Peloton Tread+, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Apple TV, Fire TV, Roku TVs, and Chromecast and Android TV. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.
The Field Quality Engineer is the product quality representative connecting the field with the Operations, Manufacturing, and Design teams within Peloton. You have the technical ability, problem solving skills, and communication skills to troubleshoot, diagnose, and solve issues alongside our field operations team. Your quick response brings immediate issue awareness and drives resolution to resolve and prevent issues. You're an individual who is independent, highly motivated, super organized, hyper-flexible and enjoy working in a collaborative team environment to improve product quality.
This job is based in the US and requires 30% domestic and possible international travel.
- Analyze Customer Support, Field Operations, and COQ trends and work with Hardware Engineering, Sustaining Design and Manufacturing teams to provide detailed data, parts, units to understand root cause and corrective actions.
- Support the launch of new products and lead the Early Field Failure Analysis process.
- Manage communication and documentation of Field Failure Analyses performed at Quality Lab. This includes categorizing issues, establishing metrics and tracking updates.
- Facilitate the communication of customer concerns, issues, and trends to all functions including suppliers.
- Work closely with the US (including traveling to the site) and Asia teams to drive and close root cause identification activities in order to improve product quality.
- Define and optimize Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to communicate program statuses in coordination with the Data Analytics team.
- Define efficient quality rework procedures. Coordinate resources and equipment and execute reworks.
- Advise/recommend rework procedure, method, required resources
- Develop and gain approval of rework plans
- Coordinate execution of rework plans
- Coordinate actions/repairs in warehouse locations and at supplier
- Communicate results of implementation
- Verify results of implementation
- Responsible for the creation, implementation and revision control of Standard Operating Procedures to be provided to Customer Support, Field Technicians, and other parties.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- BS in mechanical engineering, manufacturing engineering, electrical engineering, or other technical discipline.
- 7 or more years experience
- Exceptional project management and organizational skills
- Strong presentation and communication skills.
- Proven track record for driving and closing cross-disciplinary projects using the 8D problem solving method
- Lean/Six Sigma, Green or Black Belt a plus
- Experience with ISO 9001 a plus