Field Quality Engineer at Peloton
The Field Quality Engineer is the product quality representative connecting the field with the Operations, Manufacturing, and Design teams within Peloton. You have the technical ability, problem solving skills, and communication skills to troubleshoot, diagnose, and solve issues alongside our field operations team. Your quick response brings immediate issue awareness and drives resolution to resolve and prevent issues. You're an individual who is independent, highly motivated, super organized, hyper-flexible and enjoys working in a collaborative team environment to improve product quality.
This job is based in the US and requires 30% domestic and possible international travel.
- Analyze Customer Support, Field Operations, and COQ trends and work with Hardware Engineering, Sustaining Design and Manufacturing teams to provide detailed data, parts, units to understand root cause and corrective actions.
- Support the launch of new products and lead the Early Field Failure Analysis process.
- Manage communication and documentation of Field Failure Analyses performed at Quality Lab. This includes categorizing issues, establishing metrics and tracking updates.
- Facilitate the communication of customer concerns, issues, and trends to all functions including suppliers.
- Work closely with the US (including traveling to the site) and Asia teams to drive and close root cause identification activities in order to improve product quality.
- Define and optimize Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to communicate program statuses in coordination with the Data Analytics team.
- Define efficient quality rework procedures. Coordinate resources and equipment and execute reworks.
- Advise/recommend rework procedure, method, required resources
- Develop and gain approval of rework plans
- Coordinate execution of rework plans
- Coordinate actions/repairs in warehouse locations and at supplier
- Communicate results of implementation
- Verify results of implementation
- Responsible for the creation, implementation and revision control of Standard Operating Procedures to be provided to Customer Support, Field Technicians, and other parties.
- BS in mechanical engineering, manufacturing engineering, electrical engineering, or other technical discipline.
- 7 or more years experience
- Exceptional project management and organizational skills
- Strong presentation and communication skills.
- Proven track record for driving and closing cross-disciplinary projects using the 8D problem solving method
- Lean/Six Sigma, Green or Black Belt a plus
- Experience with ISO 9001 a plus
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: [email protected]
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email app[email protected] before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.