Hyperscience modernizes mission-critical processes and operations for the world's largest organizations and government agencies. Since 2014, Hyperscience’s automation technology has helped data-centric companies parse through vast amounts of unstructured inputs and raw information to get to swifter and smarter business outcomes. Through the Hyperscience Platform, enterprises are empowered to transform their operations, and drive operational efficiency as well as human productivity by fully unlocking the power of their data.
Ranked on the Inc. Fastest-Growing Company List, Hyperscience has raised $190M from investors including Tiger Global, BOND, Bessemer Venture Partners, Stripes, and FirstMark. The company has consistently been recognized as one of the best places to work with a collaborative and innovative culture and best-in-class benefits.
The company has a global footprint with offices in New York City, Sofia, Bulgaria, Toronto, Canada, and London, UK.
The Forward Deployed Engineer is a new engineering role at Hyperscience, responsible for producing modular extensions used in Hyperscience’s Software-Defined Management workflows.
The Forward Deployed Engineer collaborates cross-functionally with client-facing and engineering counterparts to deliver client-requested functionality to on-premise and cloud-based solutions; contributing across the entire software development lifecycle including requirements definition, design, development, testing, deployment, and support.
The Forward Deployed Engineer helps influence overall product functionality by identifying commonly requested extensions, and engineering code with an eye towards global reusability. Their contributions are used to enhance the Hyperscience product and thereby our clients’ experiences.
This is an exciting time for Hyperscience’s product, business, and people! Candidates for this position will have the opportunity to influence and deliver on a bold vision for transforming the way organizations model and execute their business processes.
We are looking for people who have a strong sense of team and want to collaborate effectively, and support each other's growth.
As a Forward Deployed Engineer you will:
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Customer Experience, Sales, and Engineering to assess the needs of our clients.
- Define, develop, and deploy technical components for existing client installations and new client implementations.
- Document technical components ensuring that a high degree of visibility, knowledge, and ease of support is achieved throughout your cross-functional partnerships.
- Maintain a high level of product quality and performance by writing automated tests and performing thorough code and design reviews.
- Contribute to the success of the Technical Services department by suggesting enhanced procedures and best practices that improve operational efficiency when directed.
- At least four years of application engineering experience
- Knowledge of Python, Java, or other contemporary general-purpose languages
- Comfortable learning and implementing new technologies and patterns
- Adept at transforming client functional requirements into software
- Track record of shipping high quality, performant code
- Willingness to mentor junior engineers and guide best practices
- Familiarity with Linux distributions and cloud-native technologies a plus
- Experience customizing enterprise solutions a plus
- Top notch healthcare for you and your family
- 30 days of paid leave annually to help nurture work-life symbiosis
- A 100% 401(k) match for up to 6% of your annual salary
- Stock Options
- Wellness stipend
- Pre-tax transportation and commuter benefits
- 6-month parental leave (or double salary to pay for your partner's unpaid leave)
- Free travel for any person accompanying a breastfeeding mother and her baby on a business trip
- A dependent care stipend up to $3,000 per month, per child, under the age of 21 for a maximum of $6,000 per month total
- Daily catered lunch, snacks, and drinks
- Budget to attend conferences, train, and further your education
- $1,000 one-time-use WFH stipend and $75 monthly WFH stipend
- Relocation assistance
We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.