We are building a team of entrepreneurial and creative software and data engineers that will work directly with Ribbon’s customers. The mission of this team is to make sure Ribbon products are powering better healthcare decisions in the real world, and you will do so by helping customers solve novel technical challenges and working with the other engineering teams at Ribbon to improve our core platform. If you’re a software engineer who enjoys working with customers and have entrepreneurial aspirations, this is the role for you!
What we look for at Ribbon:
- Passion and drive to simplify healthcare by building products that increase access to care and power every healthcare decision to be high-quality, cost-effective, and convenient
- Commitment to Ribbon Health company values, working on an exceptional team, and building an exceptional company
- Grit, hustle, desire, and a “get-it-done” attitude; strong comfort with a lean startup environment, where everyone is encouraged to participate in and contribute across all teams
- Dedication to the creation of a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment where teammates are celebrated for their unique perspectives and work together to simplify healthcare for all
What we’re looking for in this role:
- You have a strong engineering background in Computer Science, Mathematics, or other Engineering or Sciences
- You can develop and build creative solutions to a wide variety of technical challenges and can learn new subject matter quickly
- You can explain complex technical concepts with clarity and simplicity, to an engineer or an executive
- You have experience working with data at scale and in deploying solutions in the cloud (e.g., AWS, Google Cloud, Azure)
- You care deeply about making sure products just work in the real world and result in better healthcare decisions for patients
- Bonus: You have experience working with healthcare data (e.g. claims, directory, medical records); this is helpful but not required
- Solve novel technical challenges for clients: You will work with Ribbon’s customers to understand their unique use cases and technical challenges, and work with them to design and implement creative solutions. Healthcare data is complex and messy, and we are willing to meet our customers and their tech stacks where they are, so they can leverage our data and API to improve healthcare for patients.
- Integrate client contributed data: You will work with Ribbon’s customers to build data feeds and pipelines that can be integrated with Ribbon’s core dataset. This will add to Ribbon’s core data asset and improve the quality of data that each customer gets.
- Build new platform functionality: You are an extension of Ribbon’s platform software engineering team. Through your work with customers, you’ll identify product gaps and opportunities to build new features and prototypes to extend our existing API platform. You’ll help build the v0 when we need to solve a problem quickly, and then work with the rest of the engineering team to build for scale.
- Automation: You will identify opportunities to improve and automate repeated workflows and create scalable systems and tools for addressing customer needs.
How we live out our values for our teammates
Our goal is to make this the best career decision any of us have ever made. We stand by our values to make it happen.
Run Toward Hard Problems | We are motivated by the toughest challenges. We seek out hard problems that have the most impact and solve them to help those who need it most. We encourage our teammates to take ownership of outcomes that motivate them. Everyone at Ribbon has a say in our objective and key result (OKR) planning process for their teams and across teams.
Put Your Team First | We are a family. We are all happier and healthier when we take care of each other and put each other’s needs ahead of our own. We take care of you by offering fully covered insurance premiums on health, vision, and dental, a 401K plan match, and a flexible working policy that includes progressive family leave guidelines, flexible working schedules, and unlimited vacation.
Do What You Say | We are honest with each other. We are accountable to each other. When we commit to accomplishing our goals, we make it happen. Every team member has the opportunity to own high-impact work at Ribbon.
Stay Hungry, Keep Improving | We are humble. We will make mistakes, learn from those mistakes, and be better because of those mistakes. Here, feedback is a gift and mistakes are learning opportunities. We have a thoughtful culture that focuses on giving and receiving regular positive and constructive feedback to help us support each other and make each other better. Also, speaking of “hungry” we offer plenty of snacks, food, and coffee.
Practice Habits of Excellence | We measure our success by the process it took to get there. We will always do our very best and we are proud of the outcome because of it. At Ribbon, we focus on how we get things done by documenting and sharing our learnings, We are building the systems we need to scale our company and support our work for the long-term.
Build With Empathy | We are building the best healthcare experience for our users. When faced with a difficult decision, we do what’s best for people’s lives. This includes our team. Every Ribbon teammate shares working and lifestyle norms, and we hold each other accountable to respecting these norms so each person can balance work-life integration that works for them.
Ribbon Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on any basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of merit, qualifications, performance, and business need. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected]