Forward Deployed Software Engineer
Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, and web. Customers, including Seamless, HBO, Disney, Urban Outfitters, and Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands and consumers in a more authentic and human way. And we do it at scale – each month, tens of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 2 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Mobile Marketing Platforms in 2019. The company has also been named on the Forbes Cloud 100, Inc. Magazine’s 2019 Best Places to Work, and Crain's 2019 Best Places to Work in NYC lists.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
We're looking for a talented engineer to join our Forward Deployed Engineering team. We work closely with our customers during onboarding to integrate the Braze SDK. You’ll be side-by-side with the product and engineering teams at some of the fastest growing and most innovative brands, like Postmates, Microsoft, ibotta, Domino’s, and OkCupid. For many of these companies, the mobile app is their flagship product and the face of their brand. You’ll work with brands like these as an extension of their team to help solve their challenges with customer engagement.
The ideal candidate will have experience developing mobile applications, working with APIs, and have great people skills. You should have examples of projects that you’ve managed end-to-end from design to finished product. You should be great at managing your own time, breaking down complicated problems, troubleshooting, and rapidly iterating on a product.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
You will become an expert in how our product works from a technical standpoint to ensure that our customers achieve an enterprise-grade integration of Braze spanning across their frontend applications and backend services. You will work directly with our customers’ key stakeholders to understand their Braze use case and requirements. The changes you make to our customers code will empower them to leverage Braze and create real-time personalized experiences on a global scale. In between customer engagements, you will have the opportunity to join and initiate cross-team efforts to enhance our product and services. From day one, you will focus on one of three following areas:
- Full Stack Web Development: As a member of the Forward Deployed Services team, you will be directly responsible for integrating the Braze Web SDK into our customers web applications and building custom services on top of Braze’s REST API endpoints, from requirements gathering all the way to deployment. From the start, you will need to be well versed in web development languages and frameworks, such as React, C# and .NET.
- iOS Development: As a member of the Forward Deployed Services team, you will be directly responsible for integrating the Braze iOS SDK into our customers iOS applications,from requirements gathering all the way to deployment. Most projects you work on will be coded in Objective-C. Some will be developed in React Native and Swift. From the start, you will need to be very proficient in iOS development tools and technologies (e.g. Xcode, APNS, CocoaPods, TestFlight, Git).
WHO YOU ARE
- 4+ years of relevant experience with a strong track record of success
- Have a user-centric attitude and care deeply about UX
- Pride yourself on writing elegant, maintainable code
- Are comfortable working in a large codebase with many stakeholders
- You see opportunity and growth in learning more about what you do and how it impacts others
- You have experience working as a consultant or on a professional services team
- Degree in computer science or equivalent experience
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- 401(k) matching, life insurance, commuter benefits, and parental leave plans
- Daily catered lunches and fully stocked kitchen with snacks and beverages
- Collaborative, transparent, collegial and fun loving office culture
- Flexible time off policy to balance your work and life in the way that suits you best
In addition, this position is exempt under the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.