Twine helps companies make smarter people decisions: how to hire faster and more efficiently, how to reward great performers, how to predict turnover, how to help employees grow, etc.
We’re backed by founders of billion dollar companies (MuleSoft, MobileIron), thought leaders in people analytics (Adam Grant), and Sand Hill Road VCs.
Our SaaS analytics product (React/Django) is used by dozens of leading companies, including: Segment, CreditKarma, DollarShaveClub, OnDeck and many more!
We’re hiring a driven, people-focused Founding Head of Engineering who wants massive impact and growth opportunities in a small, fast-growing team. You should love beautiful code, building products that create real customer value, building a world-class team, and empowering other engineers to do their best work. We’ll give you as much opportunity as you can handle.
Note: We’re also hiring Sr. full-stack and Sr. back-end engineers!What you’ll be doing.
- Lead the engineering team and all technical initiatives at Twine. Drive relentless execution.
- Lead by example as a hands-on contributor, setting the standard for engineering excellence and performance.
- Scale the team by recruiting, developing, and retaining engineers of the highest quality.
- Work with all teams (product, design, engineering, sales, customer success) to align priorities, build consensus, and ship high velocity/high quality product.
- Work with talented, ambitious people in a small, highly-collaborative team. You’ll join a world-class team, including alumni from Palantir, The White House, and Airbnb and advisors who are founders/CTOs of billion-dollar companies.
- Learn and grow incredibly quickly as our company scales. As an early team member, you’ll have massive ownership and a steep learning curve. You’ll pick up new responsibilities as you grow, and as we scale our sales, customer success, and product teams.
- You’ve worked on a high-velocity product team. You understand how to build systems that enable fast product iteration. You’re comfortable weighing trade-offs between functionality, quality, and technical debt. (You may have been an early engineer/technical cofounder at an early-stage company.)
- You can recognize and advocate for technical excellence. You strive to be a world-class engineer. You understand the discipline and craft of software development, you invest in learning and tooling, and you insist on technical excellence from yourself and your teammates.
- You have real-world experience building and running highly productive engineering teams. You’ve been the leader of a team of 5-20 engineers, having seen how engineering organizations grow and scale.
- Demonstrated technical depth and significant experience in full stack, distributed systems.
- You have a track record of outstanding people management, and demonstrated ability to engage and bring the best out of direct/indirect reports, peers, and executives.
Our founders: Our CEO, Joseph, spent years immersed in people analytics research and the "quantified self" movement at Wharton & Berkeley, and helped found an innovation team at Nike that grew 10X in a year. He’s a Inc 30 Under 30 alumni.
Our investors: We’ve raised millions from Silicon Valley VCs and angel investors who have founded billion-dollar companies. Some of these people include MuleSoft founder/CTO Ross Mason, author/professor Adam Grant, and Google/Facebook product visionary Gokul Rajaram.
- Be intellectually curious and humble. Have an insatiable desire to learn, not to be right - be a “learn-it-all,” not a know-it-all. Have strong convictions, but listen to and learn from others.
- Believe in exceptional outcomes. Believe that ordinary people can do incredible things with the right attitude and will. Be positive, inspiring, and optimistic. (At the same time, acknowledge the demanding work ethic and drive required for success.)
- Get it done. Focus on rapid learning and execution, and be willing to roll up your sleeves and contribute any way possible. Be indomitably resourceful, drive through obstacles, and deliver on goals.
- Help others be great. Treat your teammates, customers, and partners with respect and kindness. Seek to have a positive impact on others in all interactions.
If you’re interested in learning more (or other roles including full-stack and back-end), send us a thoughtful note! [email protected]