Resident is an industry-leading startup in the Direct-to-Consumer mattress and home furnishings category. Since our founding of the award-winning Nectar Sleep in 2016, we have since launched additional new brands with the same mission of making inspiring products people love coming home to.
Every part of our company is built around growth, experimentation and velocity. If you believe in the importance of data-driven decision making, naturally curious and possess a truly customer-centric orientation, we might just be the right company for you!
Resident is looking for an extremely sharp, fast working, knowledgeable web developer/designer. The ideal candidate is an expert on Shopify and Shopify apps including Shopify template structure and language as well as Shogun app. The right candidate will have a great understanding of conversion rate optimization for landing pages and PDPs. We are looking for a candidate that has a self-starter attitude, no ego and a ton of skill!
NOTE: This role is for project based work only.
- Design engaging and effective PDPs, category and marketing landing pages based on creative briefs and direction from GM
- Establish a scalable and reusable Shogun template(s) for our category and marketing landing pages.
- Utilize insights from research and analytics to form new design solutions from your findings.
- Incorporate feedback with precision to ensure delivered files are to specification
- See through a project from conception to finished product.
- Ensure consistent performance on all major devices/browsers, including fast load times and bug-free core functionality with a focus on mobile optimization and performance
- Construct design solutions with the e-commerce team with a focus on improving website usability
- Run extensive QA to ensure performance consistency across key devices and browsers
Skills & Requirements:
- Must be a team player as we are a highly collaborative company.
- Shopify development experience, including building custom themes and features from scratch as well as modifications to existing elements
- Energy and drive to manage multiple projects in tandem.
- Strong portfolio of digital projects that balances between elevating a brand’s digital experience and delivering sales.
- Deep understanding of cross-browser/platform issues and code solutions
- Excellent time management, problem solving, teamwork, and communication skills
- Ability to write clean, readable code and tests
- Ideal candidate is based in NYC but open to anywhere in the United States
Read Full Job Description