Front End Developer
Assembly is a New York-based company launch platform, building next-generation consumer brands. Founded in 2016 by Eric Prum and Josh Williams, Assembly empowers passionate entrepreneurs with best-in-class creative, manufacturing, sales and marketing infrastructure to rapidly develop, launch and scale digitally-native consumer product brands. The current family of brands includes W&P, Courant and Wild One, with future brand launches currently under development.
About the Role
Assembly is looking for a talented Front End Developer to join our Web Services team and assist in creating impactful web experiences across mobile and desktop. The Front End Developer will drive the development, maintenance and QA on our Shopify and WordPress websites while helping the team establish best coding practices. Our next team member will be constructive, collaborative, and solutions driven.
This is a full time role based in-house in New York City.
- Develop clean and functional code on both Shopify and WordPress platforms
- Primary focus will be on our Shopify eCommerce websites, including but not limited to creating new sites, the addition of new pages/content to existing sites and overall general maintenance
- Integrate latest front end technologies (React, Vue.js) into Shopify to optimize performance and create seamless customer experiences
- Improve coding quality across the Web Services team
- Proactively and consistently identify areas of improvement across our websites
- Test and optimize sites for cross-browser and cross-device compatibility
- Work collaboratively across brand and creative teams to assist with strategy and development of new websites, features and campaigns
- 3+ years experience in a similar role
- eCommerce experience necessary
- Mixed full stack skill set of front end, back end
- Clear understanding of full development process of a site from inception to launch
- Eye for design and attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and work on multiple, concurrent running projects
- Strong problem solving, analytical and debugging skills
- Basic understanding of SEO and optimizing website structure
- Familiarity using design software: Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, XD
- Experience with coding HTML emails a plus