Front End Developer at Wine Enthusiast
Wine Enthusiast Magazine is seeking an organized, proactive and experienced Front End Developer to work with our Senior Web Developer to drive all updates to the look and feel of our fast-growing publishing site, Winemag.com.
Our site is built on WordPress so a working knowledge of the WordPress platform is an absolute necessity. At the very least, we are looking for someone who has 2 years of solid WordPress front-end developer experience. We also want a person who is driven and passionate about their work and seizes opportunities to keep learning. Someone who can be an effective member of a team, who utilizes exceptional communication skills; providing clear and detailed information while listening to others. The combination of those essential requirements will lend itself to being successful in this role.
Key areas of Responsibilities:
• Creating landing pages using WordPress custom and/or premium themes.
• Customizing the WordPress admin to meet needs of editorial team.
• Building custom templates, popups and forms based on specs provided by editorial and marketing team.
• Ensuring our websites operate quickly and uses best-in-class coding in accordance with SEO requirements.
• Translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code in all viewports.
• Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs.
Hard Skills and must have Qualifications:
• Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3.
• WordPress proficiency including themes and plugins.
• Good understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as SASS and LESS.
• Proficient understanding and hands-on experience of code versioning tools, such as Git.
• Good understanding of asynchronous request handling – AJAX.
• Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, being able to perform basic image operations like
cropping, resizing, etc. Familiarity with Photoshop would be a plus.
• Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
• Experience with responsive design.
• Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that websites will adhere to them.
• Able to work independently
• Ability to work under tight deadlines
• Elastic Search experience.
• Publishing industry experience.
• SAS Smart Ad Server experience.
• WP-engine experience.
• Email coding experience.
• A love and or an interest in wine. We are after all the Wine Enthusiast!