MayStreet Inc. has immediate openings for a front-end engineer in our New York City (Chelsea) office. We are looking for passionate and enthusiastic problem-solvers with an interest in capital markets data to join us as we continue providing technology innovation and support to the world’s leading global capital markets companies.
In this role, you will be part of a talented and open-minded software team that works on mission-critical applications within capital markets technology. You will have the opportunity to contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle – from suggesting the use of emerging technologies to designing, integrating and upgrading complex architecture.
Who we are
MayStreet is a global software company building the next generation of capital markets technology. MayStreet’s current clients include the world’s top capital markets trading companies. Global capital markets are built around an ocean of fast-moving, interrelated and complex data. Historically it’s been nearly impossible for all but a few firms to synchronize this data. MayStreet solves this problem by managing collection, storage and API access to data sets of unsurpassed integrity.
Your strategic role
The front-end engineer will develop user-friendly, system administrator-facing tools that invoke platform configuration changes and system support routines in a fast-paced environment. The considerable complexity of capital markets technology, along with the premium placed on high-integrity, low-latency data, demands that the engineer quickly attain and understand the nuance of MayStreet’s proprietary data delivery platform. The candidate must also have the easy personal skills required to interact with engineers on the customer side.
The front-end engineer will manage both the implementation of data administration tools as well as their delivery to customers. Regular interactions with technically-oriented customers who use the MayStreet product portfolio is also required.
The position is based in New York City, though some travel will be required.
- Excellent communication skills and a team player
- Ability to use out-of-the-box UI development framework tools and integrate them into existing solutions
- In-depth knowledge of current software design patterns
- Debugging large components with limited assistance and ability to assist other engineers with debugging
- Ability to design and develops practical APIs and abstractions
- Lead technical design of applications and participate in larger system design efforts
- Provide technical guidance and mentoring to more junior team-members
- 2-3 years Python programming experience
- Background as a mentor to more junior technologists
- Background as a code review leader and provider of feedback on the designs and code of others
Nice to haves
- An understanding of financial markets and instruments
- Experience with visualization library (for example, D3.js)
- Experience with cloud infrastructure platforms, such as AWS or Google Cloud Platform
- Competitive compensation
- Company-paid medical, dental and vision insurance package
- 401K with matching
- Company stock options
- Generous personal-time-off package
- Entrepreneurial environment
- Catered lunch
- Small team with growth opportunity
- Exposure to all aspects of the financial technology services
MayStreet is an equal opportunity employer