Front End Engineer - Cloud at IEX Group
IEX Cloud is the platform connecting developers and users with financial data. We’re looking for a Front- End Engineer to own the user experience for our thousands of users. You will be responsible for the design, development, and maintenance of our web and mobile user interfaces. You are dedicated to building simple, beautiful, and performant applications. Good design and writing elegant code is your passion, plus, you aren’t afraid of working server-side.
The IEX Cloud team is lean and versatile – you will be in position to have a huge impact Day 1. Our userbase grows by 1K every week, so you will be writing code that has a meaningful impact.
- Self-starter – you can prioritize tasks and deliver on-time
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Collaborative team player
- A user-centric mindset
- An appreciation for the importance of good design – it's not good enough to just write code that “works”.
What you’ll do:
- Build intuitive applications in React to solve complex problems
- Visualize large and interesting datasets for decision makers
- Work within our existing Node.js back-end and React front-end architectures
- Build core architectural components to make the team more efficient
- Conceptualize and design new interfaces and products
- Build and maintain our mobile platform with React Native
- Strong user-centered design aesthetic
- Comfortable working with large data sets
- The ability to distill complex concepts into simple design
- Experience with Node.js server-side development
- Big plus if you have experience with the below:
- Understanding of how a web server works
- RESTful API design
- Data technologies (MySQL, Redis, CDN)
- Experience writing test cases
- Experience writing requirements and use cases
Here at IEX, we are dedicated to an inclusive workplace and culture. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. This policy not only complies with all applicable laws and protects workers' rights but is vital to IEX’s overall mission and values.