Front-End Engineer II at Grubhub
The Core Diner team is the meat and potatoes of our business. We are a highly motivated team interested in building and maintaining a modern, industry-wide best in class web application. As a Senior engineer on this team, you will have opportunities to grow in both leadership and technical ability. You will own our tech stack and have a large influence on our architecture. You will work closely with our Product and Design partners to solve problems to help our Diners. You will be given a large runway to solve hard engineering problems and be empowered to share your learnings with others.
What You Bring to the Table
- 3+ years experience building highly-scalable interactive web applications (e-commerce preferred)
- Strong Experience with React and React Hooks
- Experience guiding and mentoring junior developers
- Familiarity with server-side web technologies such as Node, Java, Python, etc.
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies
- Familiarity with NextJS or other static generation framework like Vue SSR
- You will work with your team to monitor and ensure the health of the platform, which includes a 24/7 on-call rotation, to ensure a great customer experience.
- Experience working with TypeScript
- Experience with accessibility
- Experience with design systems
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. Grubhub employees enjoy a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Health and Wellness. Excellent medical benefits, employee network groups and paid parental leave are just a few of our programs to support your overall well-being.
- Competitive Pay. You'll receive a competitive base salary with eligibility for generous incentives, bonuses, commission or RSUs (role-specific).
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. We empower you to be a leader and grow your career through training, coaching and mentorship opportunities.
- MealPerks. Get meals on us! Our employees get a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives like Wellness Wednesdays, Slack competitions and virtual happy hours!
- Social Impact. At Grubhub we believe in giving back through programs like the Grubhub Community Relief Fund and donating $1 million to the Equal Justice Initiative in 2020. Employees are also given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
Vaccination Requirement: Grubhub employees are required to be fully vaccinated, and must be able to show proof of full-Covid-19 vaccination, and booster if eligible, prior to starting employment. Fully vaccinated is defined as: "2 weeks have passed since your second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson's vaccine." Those eligible to receive the booster must receive the booster to be considered fully vaccinated, and those not yet eligible will be required to obtain the booster once eligible (6 months post last dose).
"Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and encourage a workplace that is just as diverse as the customers we serve. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. If you're applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an email to [email protected] com and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
CA Privacy Notice: If you are a resident of the State of California and would like a copy of our CA privacy notice, please email [email protected] .