About The Opportunity
Grubhub is dedicated to connecting hungry diners with our wide network of restaurants across the country. Our innovative technology, easy-to-use platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities make us an industry leader today, and in the future of online food ordering.
We strive to create a workplace that reflects the diversity of our customers and the communities we serve. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, take risks, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
We have a fast-paced environment and that is what our teams thrive on. Grubhub believes in empowering people and offering opportunities for development, as well as professional growth. We value strong, positive relationships in all areas: with each other, our customers and our greater community. Want to be a part of a team of diverse collaborators in an authentically fun culture? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
The Impact You Will Make
Millions of hungry Diners utilize our platform daily in a highly competitive market. Our goal is to find and retain as many hungry people as we can. A core strategy for Grubhub is our loyalty programs. As part of the Offers FE team you will collaborate to roll out and support new loyalty functionality. You will also work to integrate offers into the next generation of the Grubhub Diner app.
The Diner Loyalty Engineering team is responsible for building the Diner Loyalty features on the Grubhub App. We are data-driven and build features at scale. Our goal is to produce features that will generate Diner loyalty and good-will to our platform. We deliver the best-in-class Loyalty benefits to our Diners by giving them most value as they order on our platform. We also enable marketing, small and medium business restaurants and enterprise restaurants to deliver their promotions and campaigns effectively to our Diners. By providing the best Loyalty features to our restaurant and marketing partners, we can satisfy our hungry Diners with the most value possible.
What You Bring to the Table
- 3+ years experience building highly-scalable interactive web applications (e-commerce preferred)
- Strong knowledge of CSS Precompilers
- Experience with one of the 3 major web frameworks (React, Vue, Angular)
- Strong familiarity of server-side web technologies such as Nodejs, Java, Python, etc.
- Experience building and deploying cloud based serverless solutions. AWS Lambda a plus!
- Experience working in a test-driven development
- Familiar with Agile methodologies
- Experience working with open source technologies is required and contribution to open source systems is a plus
- Experience guiding and mentoring junior developers
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. Grubhub employees are provided a generous amount of time to recharge their batteries.
- Health and Wellness. We provide programs that support your overall well-being such as generous medical benefits, employee network groups, company-wide fitness challenges, and a comfortable and casual workplace! We also support our parents by offering 8 weeks of paid parent bonding time, a 4-week returnship program, and 6-8 weeks paid medical leave.
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. From day one, we empower you to lead and be an active participant in your career growth. We provide continuous learning opportunities, training, and coaching and mentorship programs.
- MealPerks. Who’s ready for some lunch? We provide our employees with a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants. We also offer company-wide meals several times a year to bring our Grubhub family together.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives. Some of our popular past events include: Wing-eating contests, Grubtoberfest, 5k Runs, Bring Your Child to Work Day, regular happy hours, and more!
- Social Impact. We believe in the importance of serving the communities that support our business. In addition, employees are given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.