The Trade Desk is a global technology company with a mission to create a better, more open Internet for everyone through principled, intelligent advertising.
Handling over 600 billion queries per day (more than 100X the query volume of search globally), our platform operates at unprecedented scale. We have also built something even stronger and more valuable: an award-winning culture based on trust, empathy, collaboration, and ownership. By working together across typical dividing lines, we are better as a team than any of us could be apart.
Do you have a passion for solving hard problems at scale? Are you eager to join a trust-based, globally-connected team, where your contributions will make a meaningful difference?
Come and see why Fortune Magazine consistently ranks The Trade Desk among best small-medium sized workplaces globally.ABOUT THE ROLE
Do you have a passion for building world class user interfaces? Are you eager to join a trust-based, globally connected team, where your contributions will make a meaningful difference?
Come and see why Fortune Magazine consistently ranks The Trade Desk among best small-medium sized workplaces globally.
This specialized role is within the Technology operations group of The Trade Desk. This group is focused on delivering world-class solutions for the internal clients of The Trade Desk. In this role you will be building intuitive and efficient user interfaces for our internal business teams such as Finance, Marketing, Data partnerships, People Operations, Sales, Trading and several others.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
If you have the talent and passion for building highly-interactive, innovative, and lightning-fast web UI, and interest in making a difference in the day to day lives of teams that are building blocks of the Trade Desk, through most expressive and data-rich interfaces in the world, then this is a great opportunity to bring your creativity, design, and engineering skills to bear to solve some of usability and interaction challenges anywhere.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- You are a skilled front-end developer, with several years' experience in a modern, interactive client-side framework. ( React+Redux is a big plus )
- You understand best practices on dynamic content creation and global website deployments into Cloud and On-Premise environments.
- You have a track record of significant, specific, and self-directed contributions to complex and challenging UX projects. What we're getting at here is "grit" or "street cred" – some proof that this isn't your first rodeo, and you have learned some lessons the hard way.
- You are passionate for building beautiful and seamless user interfaces. You know how to give users something that is more than just functional – you know how to delight them!
- You work quickly and self-reliantly. We're not exactly a startup anymore, but we run our team like one – fast and lean – which means every engineer has a high degree of ownership and potential impact. Our engineers have the opportunity (and are expected) to exercise leadership and expertise in their daily work, having strongly held and defensible ideas, and advocating for what they believe is right. But they also need to be eager to hear differing opinions, adept at identifying and evaluating tradeoffs, willing to be proven wrong, and quick to walk through fire to help their fellow teammates.
We also hope you'll take some time to learn more about The Trade Desk and what it's like to work here. Here are a few links to help get you started:
- Learn more about our mission to transform the global advertising industry
- See what it's like to be an engineer on one of the world's most highly scaled Internet applications
- Experience a taste of our global culture
- Get to know a few members of our team #LI-TP1
Our Compensation and Benefits (for Colorado residents only)• Base Compensation Range: $60,800 - $199,500
In accordance with Colorado law, the range provided is The Trade Desk’s reasonable estimate of the base compensation for this role. The actual amount may be higher or lower, based on non-discriminatory factors such as experience, knowledge, skills and abilities. The Trade Desk also offers a competitive benefits package. Click here to learn more.
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.