Front-End Engineer, OTT Applications
Our Video Playback Experience team builds the over-the-top applications that serve as the front door for Vimeo OTT. This is an opportunity to develop at the forefront of video and application technology, overcoming diverse technical challenges while building beautiful interfaces.
What you'll do:
- Accompany your code with meaningful test coverage
- Develop online video applications for Samsung TV, Xbox One, Chromecast devices
- Provide feedback on your efforts and the work of others
- Experiment and discover solutions to a range of technical problems
- Drive towards the best video playback experience
- Coordinate with team members effectively
Skills and knowledge you should possess:
- 2+ years building web applications
- Willingness to learn and experiment with new technology
- Experience in programming interactive browser-based applications
- Solid understanding of object-oriented design
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Knowledge of OTT development
At Vimeo, our mission is to empower video creators to tell exceptional stories and connect with their audiences and communities. Home to more than 90 million members in over 150 countries, Vimeo is the world’s largest ad-free open video platform, providing powerful tools to host, share and sell videos in the highest quality possible.
The Vimeo OTT platform provides an end-to-end solution for individual creators, niche programmers, and major media partners to build and distribute premium over-the-top (OTT) video channels (think Netflix in-a-box!). With over five hundred subscription channels with over 150 apps on iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Android, and Roku, Vimeo OTT focuses on the core technology while our sellers focus on what they do best: making content. We are building a platform that is powerful and customizable enough to serve as the backbone to all premium video networks across the globe.
Vimeo is based in New York City, with additional offices in Europe and India. Vimeo is an operating business of IAC (NASDAQ: IAC). Learn more at www.vimeo.com.