Data loss can be devastating. Whether it’s caused by human error, bad code, rogue integrations, or malicious intent, all companies are at risk. That’s why so many companies choose OwnBackup, the #1 cloud data protection platform on the Salesforce AppExchange and global leader in SaaS data protection. With nearly 4,000 customers, we are ranked on the Forbes Cloud 100 as one of the world's top private cloud companies and have raised nearly $500 million in funding from AIkeon Capital, B Capital Group, BlackRock Private Equity Partners, Insight Partners and others.
We are hiring a Front End Software Engineer to help us build the next generation of products for end-to-end SaaS data protection. Our products will leverage AI/ML based federated analytics to deliver actionable insights to enable our customers to grow their business.
Our tech stack is Python, React and we are migrating our webapp framework from Rails to Django. As a SaaS platform we operate in a cloud native environment. Our products are developed on AWS and we support AWS and Azure. Our plans include containerization (Docker, Kubernetes) of our products to help us scale and meet demand from a fast growing client base. We aspire to remain cloud agnostic to support a varied client base. We believe in a culture of continuous improvement and constant refactoring.About You
- Are a curious engineer who loves to discover how things work and determine how to improve them
- Enjoy delivering delightful user experiences to clients
- Are self motivated and have excellent analytical, problem solving and trouble-shooting skills
- Enjoy working collaboratively with product and engineering teams to deliver value to clients
- Write code with the highest standards with a strong focus on data privacy, and security controls
- Lead and deliver full E2E features with a focus on Front End / UI components
- Evaluate new technologies with a view to improve the tech stack for the product
- Participate in design meetings
- Work closely with the Product team and the R&D team to deliver new product features to clients
- Conduct code reviews and always strive for quality
- Coach junior members of the team
- Work in highly dynamic agile environment
- 5-8 years of experience in software engineering
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience with Python
- A minimum of 2 years experience with React
- 4+ years of experience developing front end solutions
- Experience working with Scrum\Agile methodology
- Development of enterprise grade products
- Understanding of public cloud technologies (AWS, Azure) is desirable
- Deliver full features into production environment
This is a full-time position. The ideal candidate will work out of our New Jersey office to maximize collaboration and interaction with the business.
OwnBackup is dedicated to creating an environment where employees thrive. It’s why we provide every employee with unlimited PTO, generous medical benefits, and a 401(k) savings plan. We also offer catered lunches in the office five days a week, a full fitness center, and free shuttle bus service to and from New York City.
New employees also have the opportunity to attend our award-winning new hire bootcamp, which customizes the onboarding experience by role, provides new employees with invaluable hands-on training within their first few weeks at the company, and gives employees the chance to meet their new colleagues in-person.
Creating an environment where employees thrive also means making sure every employee feels accepted. As we scale to help all types of companies protect precious data, our team must reflect the diversity we serve. OwnBackup is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we believe that every employee in the company brings a unique perspective that they can and should contribute in order to make an impact every day. We strive to be one team, one culture, and one family that builds trust through transparency. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status.A Bit About Us
Have a look at our website and read through the AppExchange reviews to get to know OwnBackup a little better. Founded in 2015, OwnBackup is backed by top-tier venture capital firms and has experienced 100% year-over-year growth, establishing early market dominance in a Salesforce ecosystem that includes over 150,000 customers. And while we’ve experienced tremendous growth providing backup and recovery solutions for Salesforce customers, we are now offering our world-class data protection solution across other clouds, like Microsoft Dynamics 365. At OwnBackup, our vision is to empower customers to own and protect their data on any cloud platform.