As the global leader in Content Intelligence, Knotch’s mission is to empower brands to unlock the true value of their content by using data-driven strategies. With the Knotch Content Intelligence Platform, companies conduct competitive research and measure the performance of their content in real-time. Through our unique ability to provide a 360-degree view of all your content, including paid and owned, Knotch allows companies to connect content to business outcomes to enhance brand, increase ROI and build audiences.
We’re proud of our team
We’ve been building our products since 2013, and our team has grown in size and in spirit. We’ve been humbly recognized in the top 12% of fastest growing companies in America by Inc! Since the Covid-19 pandemic we’ve become remote-first, and we plan to stay that way. We know that a flexible environment leads to a happy team as we’ve again been named a Best Place to Work four years running by Built In NYC and a NYC company with Best Perks + Benefits in 2021! If you’d like to speak with our recruiting team about the future of Knotch, feel free to connect with us on LinkedIn and learn about us further on our careers site.
The Front End Engineer Role
Are you interested in building a different vision of data analytics? Do you like problem solving and thinking outside the box? We're looking for an experienced mid-level Front End Engineer who’s passionate about building mobile and web products to join the Knotch team!
Our engineers relentlessly seek new ways to understand how people interact with content. Our goal is to make all of these insights easily understandable through seamless and elegant design.
As Knotch’s Front End Engineer, you will be trusted to architect efficient, scalable, beautiful design systems for our web applications. In doing so, you’ll grow and collaborate every day with a fast-paced team to deliver premium enterprise user-facing products. You will work closely with and report directly to our Lead Front End Engineer, Mike Kerslake.
In Your First 30 Days...
You'll build rapport with your team members, become familiar with our codebase, deployment processes, and component libraries, as well as become fully versed in our tooling and the concept of content intelligence.
In Your First 60 Days...
You will gain a proficient understanding of our various applications and systems in order to be generally self-sufficient in completing sprint tickets. You'll start taking on your first tickets and even code pairing with your team members.
In Your First 90 Days...
You will be confident in the value you bring in your role; you will have successfully 'owned' a new feature build that ships into production! And probably have received a few digital high-fives by then too.
How you’ll add value at Knotch
- Build beautifully interactive UI components with React in our various applications
- Build trusted & scalable integrations to dynamically inject our product in client websites
- Meet regularly with various teams such as BE and API engineers or designers to hash out UI and system solutions to complex problems
- Find opportunities to improve current systems or patterns through auditing or benchmarking
- 'Own' and take lead in newly developed features for current or next generation platforms
- Maintain our front end test coverage by running your own tests and working with our QA team on automated testing
- Lend a hand to help other engineers through pair programming, mentoring, and supporting your teammates
- Most of all... enjoy collaborating with engineers every day to build world-class products!
You’ll be successful here if you
- Have four (4) or more years of industry experience writing, deploying, and operating high quality, well-tested, functional code with some experience across the entire technology stack
- Comprehensively understand Web Application fundamentals and the libraries/tool chains used to deliver them such as Webpack, Babel, testing with Mocha/Chai or Jest, git and other CI tools
- Have in-depth knowledge of browsers, cross-browser compatibility issues, and how the DOM works
- Bring experience in the day-to-day practices of continuous delivery, automated testing, and agile development
- Are fueled by curiosity! Characterized by an always-learning mindset: investigating, tinkering, and reiterating
We also appreciate (but don’t require)
- A love of writing documentation and tests to keep your code maintainable for years to come
- Deep interest in UI/UX in regards to building scalable design systems
- Experience in performance benchmarking
- Experience with GraphQL, Storybook, Styled Components
Knotch is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to provide equal opportunities in all of our processes, including our hiring and employee experience.
We pride ourselves on our three values: transparency, relentlessness, and inclusiveness.
We commit to daily work towards leading with empathy, reducing bias through periodic training, and engaging with and uplifting communities of marginalized groups.
We condemn all forms of racism and discrimination on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy or parenthood status, veteran status, disability status or any other identifier.
We encourage all employees, clients, investors, candidates, vendors, and friends of Knotch to deliver honest feedback directly or anonymously so that we may always seek to improve as an organization that is dedicated to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging.
Share your thoughts with us, and you will be heard.