Front End Engineer
Gemini Trust Company, LLC (Gemini) is a next generation digital asset exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, and store digital assets such as bitcoin and ether. Gemini is a New York trust company that is held to the highest level of fiduciary obligations, capital reserve requirements, and banking compliance standards. Gemini was founded in 2014, by brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss, to build a bridge to the future of money.
Digital assets and blockchain technology have the power to transform the world for good. This truth, along with our core values, form the bedrock of our company and culture. At Gemini, no job is too small and no project too big as we endeavor to build the future of money. We are a mission-driven, team-based, inclusive, and determined community of thought leaders who invest in each other and the long game. Join us in our mission! For more information, visit Gemini.com.
This position is full-time at either Gemini’s office HQ in New York, NY or our office in Portland, Oregon, and will report to the Front End Engineering Lead.
The Department: Design Technology
In Design Tech, we think comfort zones are the enemy of creativity. A dynamic team of designers, engineers, researchers, our team blends beauty with tech to create a world-class product interface for our exchange. We are inspired by design, fueled by data, and obsessed with the user, both retail and institution.
- Develop and maintain front end functionality for multiple products including Gemini’s internal Admin Tool, Cash management tools, Trading UIs, Website, Compliance tools etc
- Provide technical input to the planning, design, and requirements gathering process for new products and product features that come up.
- Participate in code reviews with other engineers on the team, keen with eye towards correctness, style, and information security concerns.
- Improve the performance, maintainability, and operations of the Gemini internal tool code base by engaging in occasional refactoring and upgrade projects
- Be a team player but also an independent thinker who thrives in a fast-paced environment and passionate about UI
- A strong understanding of UX/UI concepts and interface usability with a demonstrated record of good design flow in interactive applications
- Demonstrated experience working with data displays and/or large data sets
- Experience building dynamic web interfaces using React.js
Nice to haves:
- Experience with
- Scala, Java or another JVM based languages
- Working with Bitcoin, Ethereum, and/or blockchain technology
- Financial technology in the financial services industry, such as on exchanges or trading firms
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive base salaries across all departments
- Ownership in the company via profit sharing units
- Amazing benefits, 401k match contribution, and flexible hours
- Snacks, Perks, Wellness Outings & Events
Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.