Merrill combines great people, best practices and advanced technology while empowering the communications of the world’s leading companies and professionals who support them. Whether it’s sales, finance, human resources, information technology and more, consider unleashing your talent at Merrill Corporation.
Merrill Corporation as an organization is moving very fast in a new direction. This is a very exciting time for the company and has provided amazing opportunity for everyone. We have new leadership working to innovate on everything from the product discovery and delivery to changing the culture and work environment. Merrill strongly believes in empowered teams and ownership. Merrill is focused on building product innovation, DevOps culture and fully cross functional (scrum) teams.
The new core platform is a microservices architecture with multiple web/mobile applications built on top. We are leveraging a combination of open source and third party libraries/frameworks such as Eureka(service discovery), MongoDB(NoSQL), Elastic Search(search), Pivotal Cloud Foundry(cloud native), Microsoft Azure(cloud service platform) and many more.
At Merrill Corporation, Front-end Engineers build reliable and well-designed web apps that provide high value to our customers. We work closely with our product and UX team to craft the right experience at the same time we collaborate with our strong engineering team to make sure that our web apps are fast, secure and maintainable.
- Work with business stakeholders to define our frontend roadmap as we explore new technologies, operating systems, and screen sizes.
- Design secure and scalable solutions for a modern web environment.
- Write high quality code, including tests and documentation.
- Define and improve web apps architecture.
- Provide mentorship and leadership for code consistency, good architecture practices and effective Unit/UI testing.
- Work collaboratively with UI/UX and Product stakeholders that are experts in responsive design and user experience.
- Proficiency in modern MV*(MVC, MVVM, etc..) framework(s) e.g. Angular, Backbonejs, ExtJS, etc.
- Proficiency with UI testing using third party tools e.g. cucumber/capybara, karma, mocha or jasmine, etc.
- Familiar with modern CSS libraries or view libraries e.g. Bootstrap, Angular Material, etc.
- Familiar with UI build tools e.g. gulp, grunt etc.
- Familiar with Continuous Integration(CI) / Continuous Delivery(CD)
- Solid understanding of the full web stack (e.g. HTTP, headers, caching, etc.), Familiar with RESTful API design
- 4+ years of relevant experience and a bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent
- Experience with any single page application
- Product development or large-scale web app development
- Familiar with architectural patterns of a large, high-scale web application (e.g., well-designed APIs, distributed architecture, 12 factor apps)
- Experience mentoring technical team members
- Knowledge and interest in Paired programming is not required but a good skill to have.