Front End Software Engineer at WeWork Technology
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing hundreds of thousands of members around the world with space, community, and services that enable them to do what they love and create their life's work. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
WeWork is creating a layer of technology to power our vision of “space as a service”. From identifying and designing a new location, to bringing that space to market in an elastic, easy-to-consume way, to seamlessly operating these spaces to delight our members, we are building state-of-the-art systems to automate, optimize, and enhance the experience. The data we are collecting is being used to dynamically optimize utilization, pricing, even layout and form factor. This technology advantage has allowed WeWork to scale to 400+ buildings in 25+ countries, and will be our competitive advantage as the company continues to grow.
The mission of Product Offerings & Growth is to deliver technology that powers the growth of our core businesses, by providing the right products to the right people at the right price at the right time. It includes how we create product offerings out of SKUs, sellable inventory, and membership rules, at a dynamically optimized price. Product Offerings & Growth covers the entire journey of a member, from their first interaction with our website or a salesperson, all the way through providing the right account visibility and flexibility so they stay a member for life and grow with us.
Here are some examples of the objectives that our team is trying to achieve:
- Making a complex transaction like buying a new office as simple as buying a book online.
- Creating immersive, digital experiences that give customers confidence in purchasing an office without seeing it in person.
- Enable regional marketing teams to tailor the website to suit the needs of their region.
- Providing a predictable and consistent source of high quality sales leads to each of our markets around the world.
You’ll be a contributing engineer spending most of your time solving technical and product problems with other engineers and other disciplines. You will be expected to:
- Deliver high-quality code that impacts the bottom line of the business
- Drive technical solutions to strategic initiatives
- Design scalable frontend architecture
- Design stable and performant APIs
- Help steer technical decisions about infrastructure and architecture
- Model engineering excellence and collaborative processes
As a Front End Engineer on this team you’ll be tasked with identifying flexible and scalable ways to define WeWork’s products. Some tasks you will be working on are increasing WeWork’s visibility online in order to attract the right customer, maintain our company brand and drive sales.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Represent a squad and be a go-to person for a large area of technical expertise
- Active partner with product, design, and peer engineering leads and managers
- Regularly give actionable feedback to team members, peers, and mentees
- Drive feature development end-to-end and deliver large projects at quarterly level
- Drive POC activities, initiation of new frameworks or services while taking hands-on role in execution
- Have indirect influence beyond functional boundaries, such as with product on technical feasibility and roadmap, or with test engineering on tooling and execution needs
- Align co-related systems across squads on common API patterns, practices, or other instrumentation
- Motivate engineers on the squad to join or focus on set of initiatives.
- Contribute to a positive work environment where teammates can freely and openly discuss their ideas
- 5+ years of experience in Software Engineering building highly scalable and integrated web applications
- Experience writing scalable, highly-performant, instrumented and clean code.
- Experience in demonstrating architecture skills at a multi-system level.
- Familiarity with Ruby, Python, or Node.JS
- Confident in testing, instrumentation application and experience with distributed systems
- Proactive mindset - we are looking for candidates who can architect applications
- Ability to cross collaborate with additional software engineering teams as this person will be interfacing with multiple software engineering teams at WeWork.
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of how to configure AWS
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.