Front End, Software Engineer
We have enormous and engaging technical challenges. Bread is designing an API that can drop easily into any e-commerce platform - both proprietary and off-the-shelf - as well as hosted and on-site. We need to verify online identity and predict fraud while providing a beautiful and frictionless consumer experience. We gather user and financial information to approve and price credit, all in real time. And, we are using technology to explore new approaches to consumer credit marketplaces that have never been attempted before!
Come learn what we’re all about at www.getbread.com.
We are looking to hire a Front End Engineer to join the team in building our product. This engineer will:
- work with the rest of the engineering team to deliver new functionality to face merchants, consumers, investors, and internal users
- create beautiful user interfaces and elegant user experiences
- seamlessly roll out new product features to consumers across the world and on some of the biggest merchants platforms
- Experience developing rich, reliable, cross-browser-compatible web experiences
- Experience creating robust UI automation testing as part of the development process (such as Jest)
- An ability to translate designs into pixel-perfect HTML and CSS
- A passion for engineering and technology
- Some background in visual design
- Knowledge of financial products
- No fear of the back end. Our system is built with Go and PostgreSQL, but we’re also happy to speak with those that have experience with other backend languages, including JVM languages like Java or Scala; Python; or C++
- Knowledge of e-commerce platforms, like Magento, Shopify, Demandware, or others
If this is you, submit a cover letter and resume to apply!